Oops! Not quite a dual monitor set up

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mcpix, Jul 21, 2012.

1. mcpix macrumors regular

I'm interested in picking up a used 27" Thunderbolt display to go along with my iMac. I was checking out some eBay completed auctions to see what they're going for, when I came upon this Buy it Now Auction for only $350.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Quality-NEW-27-inch-Apple-LED-Cinema-Display-Great-Picture-/170882144046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c95e972e

At first I was kicking myself for missing this auction, but upon further examination it looks like someone paid $350 for a picture of a 27" Cinema Display. If you read the description it does say "Great Picture". I wonder if the buyer will be happy with his purchase?

2. iMarvin macrumors 6502

iMarvin

What a rip off!

But with auctions like this you will read the description once or twice.

"Upon winning this auction, I will send you one high quality print of a 27 inch apple cinema display."

3. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

That is such a rip-off!

I remember years ago buying what I thought was a iPod mini at the time, later checking the description it was 'like' an iPod mini. It didn't cost me much be was a total waste of time, it was a cheap mp3 player which hardly worked. Soon after I got a real iPod classic (for the hdd capacity as the touch was too small for me at the time) direct from the Apple online store.

Buyer beware!

4. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Just add $50 great picture of Apple Keyboard and Magic Mouse/TrackPad, a $100 great poster of MacPro and you get yourself $500 worth of Mac Desktop *) originally would cost you $3500.

No need to replace your keyboard/mouse batteries, no need for electricity, no worry of having power surge and blasted by thunder. It just works.

*) metaphorically

5. mcpix thread starter macrumors regular

I still feel bad for the winner of that auction...but my search had a happy ending. I found a like new (4 month old) Thunderbolt display for sale this weekend.

Here's a photo of my iMac and my new monitor. Ignore the general rubble in the background as I am now in search of a much better desk to go with my set-up.

Attached Files:

6. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Nice .. how's the color tone? Is there any difference between iMac and ATD?

7. mcpix thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't really had much time to play with this yet. I'm planning on color balancing both monitors with an i1 calibrator (I'm not sure how that will work on an extended desktop). When I mirrored the 2 displays though, they looked virtually identical.