iPod open to my favorite song...any way to do this?

qtip919

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
I constantly get hooked on a particular song, and I keep going back to it in itunes. Sometimes I find myself listening to a particular song 10-15 times (at least) in a day. I do alot of "ratings" but this only works to give me a great playlist. Ideally, there would be a way to launch my favorite song ... Im thinking a small button up in the top of the menu bar with a small music icon or something, and I could click it, and it would automatically launch the song that I have marked as my favorite song.

I know there is something like this on the new nike thingy for ipods...this is something that I would like to see right on my desktop...

i know you can drag a song onto the dock, but I have found that this gets to be a chore.

I want to mark it in itunes, and then have my little button always play whatever song has been tagged

Is there anything out there that already does this or something similar?

thanks in advance!

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
qtip919 said:
Is there anything out there that already does this or something similar?
You could use QuickSilver or Applescript and just set up a hot key for a particular song. I do this daily with Quicksilver. But are you patient enough to figure out the program? (it's not too confusing).