Opening the possibilities of Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wickerman1893, May 9, 2012.

1. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

I recently switched from a iPhone 4 to a Lumia 900 and I'm loving it. However, I am planning on switching back to the next gen iPhone as long as it upgrades to a bigger screen(preferably 4.3+) and LTE.

What I am curious about are the possible features the next iPhone could wield using Siri's technology. I would like to hear some ideas and thoughts on what could be some new phone features including the female assistant.

A couple of mine are:
    -Easier Bank/Paypal usage
    -Settings modifications like turning 4G off to wifi only etc.
    -Background changes
    -Detailed Web searches
    -Passcode Changes
    -3rd Party App support.

What are some of your ideas?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

All of that, perhaps with the exception of the banking you speak of (although you didn't really elaborate) can be done with some super simple tweaks from Cydia. The thing is, the third party tweaks work better than Siri does half the time. Here we are half a year after the 4S release and it's main selling point* is still beta software. Who knows what they will do with it. I would settle on Siri understanding basic English as well as the competitor's options do.

*This statement is based on the fact that every single ad for the 4S showcases Siri and (almost) nothing else.

3. wickerman1893 thread starter macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Exactly I mean, It's basically nothing right now compared to what it could be.

I'm also wanting to see ESPN sports updates read to you as say....quarters or halves end. That would be really great.