Opera browser brings beachballs when typing

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Beachguy, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

I installed Mojave 10.14.2 beta 4 on Friday (and now GA Mojave 10.14.2), and now when I use it to enter text on a website, I get beachballs like crazy every time I type in anything. No other application has this problem. I reinstalled Opera (both beta and general release) and also turned off extensions and it did not fix the problem. Any suggestions? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Added- I also updated the Opera Browser to a newer version, and I still have that problem. I tried posting this on the Opera website and got no response, so I am hoping here there will be some ideas. I did NOT have the problem on beta 3, and did not update the Opera version until a few days after the beta 3 to beta 4 conversion.

2. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

I'm hoping someone has suggestions- even just informed guesses. Migrating browsers is a real pain!!!

3. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

Have you tried creating another user account? If the problem exists within the second user account you at least will know it isn’t your current account.

If it doesn’t try another browser, I find chrome works ok.

4. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

I did sign in on another profile and did not experience the beachballs, but I am simply not sure what and where to look beyond disabling the extensions.

5. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

You could drive yourself banzi trying to get to the bottom of it. Cut your losses and slowly reinstall apps into your known working account, monitor after each app, and when you have a stable system delete the original account.

6. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

With only the one browser having problems, I'm just moving to a different browser until it clears up.
    I cleared cache and cookies, reinstalled, had updates to both the browser and the OS to no effect.

I'll just keep hanging in for now.