Operation Infektion: Russian Disinformation from Cold War To Kanye

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
“Team B” from the first Bush administration.

There, saved a ton of time pointing out some mythology.

Cold War 2.0 well underway, sure to be as pointless and unrooted from reality as the first. But hey, why not push the minute hand closer to midnight over some pearl-clutching hypocrisy.

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
Certainly. Cold War 2.0 is very much in the making. That's because you have a boatload of countries led by nasty stupid leaders who glorify "the Way of the 50s" right now…. including Donald Trump, Vladimir (KGB Dude) Putin, and Xi (Wants to Be Like Mao) Jinping, etc. Incredibly stupid nasty leaders who are not capable of learning the lessons of history.

Let's add a few republics that recently elected fascist-sympathizing leaders (Brazil, Croatia, Poland, etc) and we complete the picture.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Certainly. Cold War 2.0 is very much in the making. That's because you have a boatload of countries led by nasty stupid leaders who glorify "the Way of the 50s" right now…. including Donald Trump, Vladimir (KGB Dude) Putin, and Xi (Wants to Be Like Mao) Jinping, etc. Incredibly stupid nasty leaders who are not capable of learning the lessons of history.

Let's add a few republics that recently elected fascist-sympathizing leaders (Brazil, Croatia, Poland, etc) and we complete the picture.
I’m not disputing that, I’m just wondering why if everyone is aware 2.0 is ongoing...why are we buying into our own side’s propaganda? That’s certainly not helpful to anyone but the entrenched centers of power here who will clearly use it to maintain their dominance over policy? Facebook/NATO is already censoring *real* coverage of our own complicity in international crimes.

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI

It might make one revisit the basic concept of national leaders in the first place. How can one person be expected to lead any given nation? All we end up with is progress-whiplash, as the New Boss (same as the Old Boss) comes in and turns everything upside down, only to be replaced by the next Leader who flips things around again, on ad infinitum. Not a very good recipe for stable progress.

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
I’m not disputing that, I’m just wondering why if everyone is aware 2.0 is ongoing...why are we buying into our own side’s propaganda? That’s certainly not helpful to anyone but the entrenched centers of power here who will clearly use it to maintain their dominance over policy? Facebook/NATO is already censoring *real* coverage of our own complicity in international crimes.
Yeah Interesting that you brought this up…. as Assange (Wikileaks) has just been charged (only now? LOL) by the US government; technically the charges are still "under seal", but we know it's coming.

Although I don't like Assange whatsoever. He is actually not an angel as many think he is. In fact, he's a complicit tool/participant to this ongoing Cold War 2.0 thing. He's a Cold War warrior. The problem is, we're not sure which side he's fighting for.