Opinion for my UMB: Incipio Feather or Speck Satin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pb1300, Aug 18, 2009.

1. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

I want to get a cover for my MB, and I was pretty set on getting the Speck Satin see thru black, but I just noticed that Incipio has a cover as well. I hear nothing but good things about the Speck product, but I was looking for you guys' opinion. Thanks!

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I ended up getting the Speck Satin Black because I read great reviews and it was cheaper at my local college bookstore than the Incase (for my 13" MBP yesterday and it is very nice). Perfect fit and feels great, it is also redesigned to fit the 13" MBP.

I thought about getting the Incipio Feather for the UMBP until I read a bad review on Amazon that said a lot of them had a problem with drooping plastic due to not enough tabs holding it in place.

Here is a pic of what the problem is

Feather Droop...
    [​IMG]

I am extremely happy with the Speck Satin though, like I said it fits perfectly and feels amazing. Very sturdy case. I've ready many reviews and user feedback, some prefer the INcase some prefer Speck, IMO they are pretty much the damn same.

3. pb1300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I see that. That aint cool! I still am pretty set on the Speck Satin, in black, but I just wanted to get some opinions on here. I definitely need something to put on this thing, cause I dont want to get it scratched at all, and the black looks real slick IMO!

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Go for it, it fits and feels awesome!

Do it quick, I just scratched the hell out of my brand new 13" MBP (which is why I got the case) but somehow I was able to talk Apple into replacing my top lid for me. They can be very nice if you approach them right.

Lesson learned, my baby is in a case now and won't be coming out. I can take some scratches on my phone, but nothing worse than a big scratch right next to the Apple logo on an expensive laptop. Seriously, it was so upsetting looking at that nasty little blemish, I was so pissed at myself.

Apple came through big time for me.

5. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

Ferris23, do you know of any other places to get the Speck Satin Black?

I noticed that the Apple Store doesn't carry it.

6. Thrilledge macrumors regular

7. thabends macrumors member

If Incipio's case is anything like their iPhone case, I'd stay away. I put the feather on my iphone the day i bought it and it has scratched the hell out of the bezel and pitted the back plastic pretty bad.