Opinion: I think the watch will be Apple's FASTEST product to mature

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by audirs5, Jun 13, 2015.

1. audirs5 macrumors 6502

I think with the watch, Apple is realizing they need to let go of the reigns sooner than later. This means giving developers almost immediate access to the entire watch in order for it to succeed. I also think, this product will be the fastest to gain new features VS other products.

Reason for my thinking is because Apple knows that wearing a watch now is a novelty. And they also know that unlike a phone, people can leave their watches at home and be OK with it. So they need to make the watch a smarter fitness tracker and a better overall piece of MUST have..

Thoughts?

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Your ability to predict what has already happened is excellent. But the only real comparison is the iPhone and its lengthy native app delay. So the watch already has that beat by about a million percent.

3. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

Well the iPad launched with Third party Apps, so I'd say it has the Watch beat. Also, I'd say the iPad was quite mature by its second generation. The iPad Air might also be hard to meaningfully beat. That product is looking quite mature. If the Air 3 is just a processor upgrade, then one can start to think of the iPad as fairly mature.

I think the watch will also mature quickly though because of the vast resources Apple now has and their willingness to deploy them. But we will probably see new sensors and features for several years (maybe even a decade) before the device settles down into incremental improvements.

4. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

It's similar to how the younger children in a family can benefit from observing their older siblings.

5. iamasmith macrumors regular

iamasmith

Of course, they have a mature embedded platform now, a new GUI for it for the watch but are attacking a new segment.. of course they will mature it quickly.