Opinion: Sell and iPhone4 or just keep it for backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sixxmum, Aug 28, 2012.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

The spousal unit and I will both be replacing phones with the new iPhone. He has a windows phone that we'll probably just stick in a drawer. I have an iPhone4. It's in great condition because it's never been without front and back films and a case.

What do you think? Worth it to sell?

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

By windows phone, do you mean windows mobile 6.5 or windows phone7.5? Big difference between the 2 in terms of keeping a backup phone.

If you have a windows 7.5 phone as backup, go ahead and sell the 26 month old (in terms of technology) iphone 4.

If you have really old window mobile 6.5 phone, than keep the iphone 4 as backup. You will be pulling teeth trying to downgrade all the way down to windows mobile 6.5

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

I have a iPhone 4 16GB and planning to buy the iphone 5 sim free, My phone is knackered though only 1 charging cable works with it and the home button works very intermittently.

Planning to sell it as a non-working device to mazuma mobile or someone like that, not sure if you have similar recycling-for-cash services in other countries.

4. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

The Windows phone is an HTC Surround (Windows 7)

5. aneftp macrumors 68040

Than sell the iphone 4. The HTC Surround is usable and windows 7/7.5 OS is viable alternative if you need to switch from iphone 4 to a backup phone.

6. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

If you need the money toward your new phone then sell it on ebay. I just sold mine last weekend for 294$.

Ebay tips that I learned the hard way.....
    1. Block unwanted international customers
    2. Block new users with 0 feedback.

I still haven't received payment from a 7 feedback buyer so I'll probably have to relist again.:mad: