Opinions Needed! I WILL get iPad 3, but i want something now too!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mr.DD216, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Mr.DD216 macrumors member

Now this is strictly for me to hear your opinions and see what you guys would do. I am going to get the iPad 3 when it comes out, no doubt about it. but i've been playing with other people's iPads & i want one now. I think I should have the money to buy a 16GB iPad 2 & then buy the 64GB (if not more when its released) & i also would like a new iPod touch because my 3rd Gen 32GB is having some problems. Do you think i could find a good iPad2 for $300? or should i buy the new iPod Touch for $300?

BTW: I saw the white iPod touch for the first time today, that thing is Beautiful! lol

2. irDigital0l Guest

I you really dont need it just wait and you'll save a lot of money. 2 months isn't that long.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Get the Touch now as you will still want it after you get the 3.

4. ghostworld macrumors member

ghostworld

I say go for the touch now, and wait for the ipad3 to come out.

5. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

Touch now, not having the iPad will only make it that much better when the 3 comes out :)

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

7. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I'm so terribly sorry if this overcomplicates things, but…

Within a week of having my iPad, I personally felt no need to hang on to my iPod Touch and I sold it soon afterward. I've had no regrets about it.

Obviously and of course different people will have different opinions and you may want to have both.

So… erm, um… get an iPod Touch now (or go with the iPhone suggestion), and maybe have it in mind that you won't need it so much once you've got an iPad.

Also, an irrelevant side note: when I had the iPod Touch for so long, I never personally felt the need for an iPhone. I think that I'll probably [finally] upgrade to an iPhone by the end of the year, but it's not a huge deal not having the smaller device around for me at this time.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Well if money is no object, you definitely don't need our opinions.

9. blink8182 macrumors newbie

10. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Or I'm sure you could sell it to someone through Craigslist for closer to or just over $400. That's really, really, not a good deal.

11. Mr.DD216 thread starter macrumors member

appreciate it

Most of yall say get the touch now and this seems to be the best reason to me why i shouldn't get the iPad 2 now. I do want it to feel special when i get my first iPad so if the money falls into place then I'll get the Touch

Thanx everybody

12. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Go buy it I have just got an iPad 2 64 3g and love it as well as my iPhone 4s 64gb. know something new is coming out but I still like my iPad2 I have brought and sold 3 since last year with rumours. So I said to heck with it I am keeping and enjoying my iPad. when an iPad 3 comes out I will buy it and enjoy it. I always buy every revision.

13. mmmtastybusch macrumors regular

I kind of lucked out haha. My gf is dead set on buying me an iPad with her tax money. I explained that I would rather wait for the iPad 3 so she said well why don't you just go ahead and get an iPad 2 refurb and then when iPad 3 comes out you can give me the 2 and I'll buy you the new one. I'm a lucky fella lol :D

14. stevelam macrumors 65816

You'd have to be a giant idiot to do this deal.