Opinions on this??! Please help ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tsmatthews19, Oct 29, 2011.

1. tsmatthews19 macrumors newbie

So I had an iPhone 4. Broke and dropped it and had no warranty on it. So I bought an android phone for the time being. I hate the android os. So I want to go back to iOS naturally. My thinking is that I sell my android and buy a used iPhone 3GS so I'm not out upwards of 300$$, but only like 120$$. My contract ends on 3/11 so I would wait to upgrade until maybe next year when the iPhone 5 is released. Does this sound like a good plan or should I hold onto my laggy, unresponsive android until the iPhone 5 release? I don't want to upgrade to the 4S, because of my anticipation of the 5. Please give me your opinions very soon, because I would meet the guy for the 3GS this afternoon. Thanks!!!

Thomas:apple:

2. tsmatthews19 thread starter macrumors newbie

so I should not buy anything, wait 5 months for my contract to expire, and buy a 4S half way through its life cycle?

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Buy a 4S now. Life is too short. Enjoy your 4S now and worry about the 5 when it comes out. You can then ask Siri for her opinion...

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

You mean 3/2012 right?

Personally I wouldn't touch a 3 year old 3Gs but for $120 (if its in good condition) you could do alot worse!

Depending on your Android phone I would simply sell my Android on Craigslist, then by an iPhone 4 off of Craigslist for cheap.

5. tsmatthews19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hahahah I love your answer, but I don't have that kinda money to buy a 4S with no new contract.

6. greganpace macrumors regular

no way man, get the 3gs. I have had mine for a year and am planning on waiting for the five, and if you sell that android you could probably pay for the 3gs. no money out of pocket...

7. tmdouglas macrumors newbie

If I was in your shoes and did not have the cash flow but still wanted an iPhone back. I would just suck it up and wait, just chalk it up to a learning experience.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

Even without a warranty you can take it to Apple and they will give you a replacement for $150. That may be a better option then getting a 3GS for $120.

9. Eradik macrumors regular

Thats absolutely what I would do, too.