Opinions on this??! Please help ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tsmatthews19, Oct 29, 2011.

  1. tsmatthews19 macrumors newbie

    Jul 22, 2011
    So I had an iPhone 4. Broke and dropped it and had no warranty on it. So I bought an android phone for the time being. I hate the android os. So I want to go back to iOS naturally. My thinking is that I sell my android and buy a used iPhone 3GS so I'm not out upwards of 300$$, but only like 120$$. My contract ends on 3/11 so I would wait to upgrade until maybe next year when the iPhone 5 is released. Does this sound like a good plan or should I hold onto my laggy, unresponsive android until the iPhone 5 release? I don't want to upgrade to the 4S, because of my anticipation of the 5. Please give me your opinions very soon, because I would meet the guy for the 3GS this afternoon. Thanks!!!

  2. tsmatthews19 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 22, 2011
    so I should not buy anything, wait 5 months for my contract to expire, and buy a 4S half way through its life cycle?
  3. ZBoater macrumors G3


    Jul 2, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Buy a 4S now. Life is too short. Enjoy your 4S now and worry about the 5 when it comes out. You can then ask Siri for her opinion...
  4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

    Jan 11, 2011
    You mean 3/2012 right?

    Personally I wouldn't touch a 3 year old 3Gs but for $120 (if its in good condition) you could do alot worse!

    Depending on your Android phone I would simply sell my Android on Craigslist, then by an iPhone 4 off of Craigslist for cheap.
  5. tsmatthews19 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 22, 2011
    Hahahah I love your answer, but I don't have that kinda money to buy a 4S with no new contract.
  6. greganpace macrumors regular

    Aug 9, 2011
    no way man, get the 3gs. I have had mine for a year and am planning on waiting for the five, and if you sell that android you could probably pay for the 3gs. no money out of pocket...
  7. tmdouglas macrumors newbie

    Oct 10, 2011
    If I was in your shoes and did not have the cash flow but still wanted an iPhone back. I would just suck it up and wait, just chalk it up to a learning experience.
  8. dave420 macrumors 65816

    Jun 15, 2010
    Even without a warranty you can take it to Apple and they will give you a replacement for $150. That may be a better option then getting a 3GS for $120.
  9. Eradik macrumors regular

    Jul 10, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Thats absolutely what I would do, too.

Share This Page