Opinions/Rumors/Past History of Otterbox release??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rob587, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

I am dying to get the new defender! What's the general consensus on it's release? How long after renderings last time?

I refuse to buy a temporary case while waiting for a $50 case.

2. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Great company, i had a Defender for about 1yr and in that year they replaced it 3 times free of charge. But unfortunately the last replacement had some weird issue. People on the other end kept saying it was echoing. So I opened the flap and then all of a sudden no echo. I moved on to Speck Candyshell for 4mo until it split on the bottom and then went with Capsule Menance until it got the saggy bottom and sides.

Otterbox is a good company but this time around I'm going to go with a bumper or Speck Fitted in camo.

3. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

I got an Otterbox Commuter for my 3g and loved it. It was my favorite case. I got a fairly good deal on it. Came with the silicone cover and three hard plastic covers in black, blue and yellow.

I got a bumper for my iphone 4 and actually really like it. It does look like a simple band but once I bought it I saw it has metal buttons on it that work in tandem with the actual buttons on the phone. Yes they are expensive but the details in the 3 metal buttons (2 for volume and top button) make up for a little of the price.

4. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587