Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Umm..this would sound a bit stupid but the email I registered with SETI@home is now gone since it was my isp's and I've changed isp's now...I also don't remember my password and the only way to get it back is through my registered email at optusnet...so is anyone who is with optus prepared to set up a clone email so you can get my password for me? I really don't want to lose my hundreds of data units completed...

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
why in the hell didi you leave optus
You must be insane, I have telstra and it sucks
3gig a month that pathetic

but ask beej
he has optusnet

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by mac15
why in the hell didi you leave optus
You must be insane, I have telstra and it sucks
3gig a month that pathetic

but ask beej
he has optusnet

I had 56k with optus..they dont do my house so i went with telstra...the other day there was an outage with the cable (same one as you) and nothing worked except ICQ (until I logged out and tried to get in again)...i never knew icq could work in an outage...

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
yep it sucks
One minute you would be sitting there browsing the net, then your connection cuts and you have to log out for it to work. I hope telstra start to support OS X and soon

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
LOL! Stuck with Telstra! It sux 2 B U...

But I guess... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do to get his cable :D

E me at beej@futuremechanix.com with your user name and password... I'll get the info to you ASAP. Happy to help man...

DavidOS

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2002
Michigan
That's amazing!!!

I was just about to post a new thread asking the exact same question!! I haven't used seti since 2000. Since then, I forgot my password, and changed my e-mail adress! I have 120 work units, and would like them back to join the macrumors team. Beej, you can find out seti@home passwords? how?

Could you help me out too?

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
For those that are wondering - we never got mmmdreg's old email address back up and running :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.