Orange iphone activation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronnyuk, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ronnyuk macrumors member

Anyone here from the UK on Orange and have just recieved an Iphone?

The reason for asking is Orange customer services are telling us that noone has been able to activate a iphone on orange as of yet as the activation system is not working, I recieved my Orange iphone yesterday.
    I find this hard to belive as this board would be lit up with people complaining as orange are brand new to the iphone.

Thx

2. JamesBerry macrumors member

I don't, but a colleague of mine got his on tuesday, and it was activated within the hour...

3. ronnyuk thread starter macrumors member

I imagined that orange CS were talking crap, it would be all over the news if noone could get a iphone connected on release day. Thx for the reply

4. Liam. macrumors newbie

Orange saying that there activation system is down & that no one is able to activate there iPhone is a load of rubbish, my cousin got the iPhone on Orange on tues morning and he was using the Facebook app for the iPhone by 10am, so he obviously managed to set up & activate his iPhone on Orange no problem, also friend of a friend of mine also got the iPhone on Orange & reported no problems with setting it up.

Liam

5. JamesBerry macrumors member

Having said that - I have another friend today who has had his iphone arrive and can activate through itunes, but the orange sim activation hasn't happened yet... so no coverage.

Still, he is merrily downloading apps over wifi ;-)

6. yawa macrumors member

Got mine on tuesday and activated and running within the hour.

7. saintmich82 macrumors newbie

Upgraded yesterday, received my phone today, registered my new sim at about 16:00, connected it all up to iTunes about an hour or so ago, still waiting for activation...

8. chimpaction macrumors newbie

Got mine today. Been waiting 4 hours for activation :(

9. iMatt. macrumors 6502

Currently waiting to have my iPhone 5 activated. Anyone else in the same boat? Have signal but no data, texts or calls are working.

10. refrigeratorcar macrumors newbie

I got mine yesterday (Sunday), and it worked initially - calls and texts - but stopped working this morning. Orange say it's pending activation. They can't explain how it was working yesterday though....
    Oh, and mine says calls are 'barred'; is that what other non-activated phones say?