Orange is the New Black Season 2 *Contains spoilers*

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SoAnyway, Jun 11, 2014.

1. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

I finally finished season 2 of Orange is the New Black and thought to start a thread.

I thought it was good but it didn't quite pack the same punch as it did in the first season.

I really thought they would go deeper into the season 1 cliffhanger when we see Piper beating Pensatucky but was disappointed in how it was wrapped up so quickly.

The dynamic between Piper and Alex always bugged me and I didn't like how Piper keeps going back to Alex no matter how much trouble it gets Piper into. If one person is so toxic to another and the person on the receiving end knows it, why keep obsessing over what's so bad to them?

I really enjoyed seeing more backstories of the characters and how they landed in prison. These might be fiction but I really think that it shines some light on how bad the system is and how some people really don't belong in prison.

The main villain of the season was Vee and boy oh boy was she evil. I think it's fitting that she got what came to her in the end.

Speaking of the end, I really think that it was a fitting ending with the cancer lady escaping the prison so she can die with dignity.

My ratings for the seasons: 3.7/5 stars for season 2. 4/5 stars for season 1.

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

That last episode was excellent. Vee got hers.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The second I saw Vee standing on the side of the road and the van coming, I was yelling at my TV "Hit that bitch!" She got what was coming to her. And I don't think they could've picked a better song than (Don't Fear) The Reaper to end it. Great series overall and the ending was just fantastic. Too bad I have to wait a year for Season 3.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Didn't you find yourself wondering why a bunch of inmates hadn't already used that tunnel to escape?

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

You saw the surprise of the old woman who came across the tunnel at the end of episode 13 - she was one of the Golden Garden Girls and was oblivious to it being there. The only people who knew for sure what and where it was were Red and V.

---

Honestly, this season was pretty ho-hum for the first 10 episodes, but the last 3 finished strong. As a whole, the season was pretty solid, but compared to season 1, it was pretty bland and boring. There was no real surprising plot twist in almost all of season 2. Season 1 had way too much crazy and over the top shenanigans, while season 2 was more about developing and explaining characters' backgrounds.

A more ideal mix would be a more even split of crazy and story between the two seasons, but that's just Captain Hindsight speaking.

6. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Big Boo told Vee about there being a tunnel in the greenhouse. The Vee discovered where it actually was. I agree the last three episodes were great the first ten, not so much.

7. jlsm511 macrumors 6502

jlsm511

7 episodes in and it's really good. Haven't read through cause don't wanna get spoilers but seems to be heading somewhere good.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I've got a bit of time off and am in a bit of a binge-watching mood ( :p ), so I've done season one and ten episodes of season two since last Friday.

It's really, really good - all the characters are believable and it gives a really good view into the prison system (obviously a fictional and probably highly exaggerated one, but a lot is based on truth.)

I have a soft spot for Morello - all she wants to do is be with her Chwistopher :eek:
    All love has been lost for Polly after her and Larry's affair.

Although Vee is one nasty piece of work. Can't wait to see what happens in the last few episodes.

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I knew a young lady that had to do a year in a women's prison here in Georgia. She wrote me and said that there were 500 women there, 499 of them were homosexual. I'm sure she was exaggerating.

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

"So rude, such a rude person"... loved it!!

Just binged watched this over the past weekend. I really liked this season. I liked the fact we were shown the past stories and for some the crimes they committed to end up where they are now.

"It's my second ******** day, second day!"