Orange SIM in Orange iPhone 3GS won't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MoodyM, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I got my mate's 3G S from him when he upgraded to an iPhone 4S. He had been on an Orange contract for 2 years.

I update it to 5.0.1 and inserted my own Orange SIM from my 6 month old HTC Wildfire into it, and all I get is "No Service".

Shouldn't it just work? Do I have to unlock the iPhone for some reason?

2. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

It should work right away which is strange, if you put the sim back in your HTC do you get no service or a signal?

Maybe try reset network settings on the iphone as well to see if that helps.

3. scorpsgsxr macrumors newbie

try connecting it to a wireless network then in safari go to www.unlockit.nz you can set a profile for orange on your phone and it should work . i had to do this with the 3gs that i gave to my girlfriend she was on virgin the phone was factory unlocked but it kept trying to connect to O2

4. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I got it working - when I first restored it to 5.0.1, I did so with no SIM in, then restored from an iCloud backup, again with no SIM in. Then, when I put the SIM in, I got the "No Service" error.

So I restored to 5.0.1 again, this time with the SIM in, and after the usual iOS 5 setup routine, it activated straight away and I had 3 bars signal with Orange.

5. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

So, are you keeping it or going back to the Wildfire?

6. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

It's my dad actually, and he's keeping it. Why?