Orange vs. 3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RawMuk, Sep 19, 2012.

1. RawMuk macrumors newbie

Already ordered an iPhone 5 32GB £600,

But I'm just curious... and I might buy it on contract on 3,

What's 3's Network Like

Advantages and Disadvantages of both companies

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Never been on either network but hearing a lot of positive things about 3 (like unlimited data and a great 3G network)

However, orange i'm hearing are very expensive and network coverage is poor.

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I get good coverage at home, about 4 bars on average with 3. Download speeds are good. I haven't tried Orange though.

4. RawMuk thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on orange due to o2 not working in my home..

But I'm thinking of switching to 3, due to cheap tariffs, unlimited data

5. Scott006 macrumors member

Three's coverage isn't as extensive as oranges, however it's not terrible as three shares T-mobiles 3g masts, and apparently should share oranges too soon.

Three was more reliable a number of years ago when they had oranges 2g signal to fall back on, that deal stopped around the time EE was formed but to their credit I believe 3 has built a lot of masts to make up for that. Still three's coverage leaves much to be desired if you leave city areas.

In summary, three is a good network with very good deals, their coverage is good in populated areas but lags behind when it comes to getting a signal beyond that. As for orange, I live in a town and orange claimed perfect signal, turns out it was terrible and I dropped calls often. My personal recommendation would be vodafone or o2 for signal reliability, but no LTE with this version of iphone :(

6. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Three is almost perfect and their 3G is good if not great but venture further outside a town or city and you have no reception at all.

I don't get a signal at my parents house at all which is less than 5 mins for 2 big towns and a city.

That's the only downside, zero coverage if you don't get 3G. Not being able to make calls or receive messages seriously sucks.