Order 5S online, pick up at store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by karsal, Sep 12, 2013.

1. karsal macrumors member

If I order the 5S online on 9/20, would I have the option to pick it up at an Apple store? If I choose to get it shipped, it'll take till Monday to arrive and I'm an impatient bastard :p

Anyone know?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes it can get shipped to an Apple Store. However, question is, are you willing to venture into the crowd that day?

3. ethanlee macrumors regular

I spoke with an Apple Support rep and they said that "Personal Pickup" will be available for 5s, but you take a risk, as jav6454 pointed out, because they may run out of "launch day stock" (in which case, you'd have to wait for more stock to come in to that Apple Store).

I'm just opting to have it shipped. I don't have the time to go to an Apple Store early or camp out, so I've justified waiting for a new iPhone until a few days after launch day to be a first-world problem. :D I know where you're coming from though, I wanted so badly to have a pre-order or go run to a store.

4. bkribbs macrumors 65816

They wouldn't reserve one for you?

5. ethanlee macrumors regular

This was what I thought, but apparently not. They "reserve" one for you in the sense that they guarantee that any time they have your model in stock and available, you can pick it up, but the launch day stock at the Apple Stores is first come, first serve.

6. SluGuru macrumors regular

I read just a few hours ago in this forum that a manager at one Apple Store was saying that in store pickup would not be available on the 20th.