Order hasn’t changed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stetwin, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Last Thursday I placed an order for an iMac, apple care and 8GB iPod Touch, on Monday I phoned up apple support and asked if it would be possible to change my order to include an iPod Touch 16GB instead of the 8GB one I had originally ordered, the sales rep took my details and said I would receive e-mail confirmation of my new order with in 24 hours, its now Thursday evening and still no e-mail and my orders page still shows my original order, does it normally take this long for things to get updated? Also what are the odds that the sales rep just took my details and then binned them once our call ended? The order is due to ship next Friday so I don’t want to leave it to late and not get the 16GB version, what would you guys recommend?

/Ste

2. mets1125 macrumors regular

Try calling again and tell them to reconfirm your order also tell them it didnt update online.

3. emil2007 macrumors newbie

I did exactly the same thing! Phoned them up wednesday after seeing the ipod touch in the Regent St store, they didn't get back to me, so I spoke to them again today and they sorted it. Unfortunately they did it by cancelling my previous order and making a new one, so the expected date of shipping just got pushed back by a week or so....

Still, I'm glad I'm getting the touch, with the HE discount and the 85 pound rebate too :)

Emil

4. Stetwin thread starter macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Thats the only thing i can't understand with them, why would they have to cancel your previous order? Surely they could just alter it if it hasn't shipped and highlight the changes on your bill.... i don't think I'll bother phoning them up and chance pushing my delivery date back even further, as it stands I'm loaning a family members laptop just so i have some for of computer, thanks for the advice though guys :)

/Ste