Order online from Apple or Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abooch1, Sep 19, 2013.

1. abooch1 macrumors regular

Which is a better bet and what info would I need to order from Apple?

2. hypertc13 macrumors regular

Im in the same boat as you. I'm not sure which one would be easiest. My guess is Im probably gonna have to go through verizon. Since we are currently on an unlimited data plan and any upgrade forces you to go on a share everything plan. I dont know if I would be able to change the plan on apples website.

3. ABC5S, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

ABC5S macrumors 68040

1. Apple ID Account or Purchase as a guest if you don't want one. Don't see why not however

2. Email account

3. Credit Card

Apple store gives you a 30 day return period. No restocking fee. Return without paying for the shipping if you do not want it. AppleCare+ can be purchased at that time as well.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/your_account

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

You will give up unlimited data regardless of where you order your upgrade. You have to pay full-price to keep it, but Verizon most certainly does not force you to go on the share everything plan if you are an existing customer.

----------

Enable Express Checkout on Apple.com and you're good to go.

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Definitely go with Apple!

Honestly, Apple direct doesn't have any restocking fees on iPhones with the 30 day return period. If something was wrong with the phone, it's so much easier to deal with Apple. Even if you decide 5S features aren't worth it, Apple will take it back.

It's not worth the risk to buy from the carriers with their more stringent return policies. Honestly I want phone on day 1, but Apple store is too hard for me to get to, so I will order with Apple. I have other resellers a short walk or drive away, but I don't want to deal with their policies.

Apple will go out of their way if something isn't quite right.