Order online or try the Apple Store - which is likely to get me a phone sooner?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kailess, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kailess macrumors member

I just decided today (Thursday 6-18) that I'm going to take the iPhone 3GS plunge. Now I can't decide whether I should just order the iPhone online today with a 7-14 day wait time or take my chances with the local Apple Store for the 6-19-09 launch.

I'm not inspired enough to be one of those people in line at 7 in the morning.

What do you think my odds are of getting a phone if I go in around 9am? I haven't heard what retailers are expecting the demand to be.

If I order online, should I order from Apple or ATT?

Anyone heard anything?

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

At this point if you are near an Apple store and you don't mind waiting in a line to get into the store, you should be able to get one before Monday.

Just don't get in the way of the "Early Adopters", they might run you over to get the first iPhone 3G S into their hands.

Dave

3. cdesigns macrumors 6502

When I first ordered my 3G I waited around 1 week for the phone to arrive and they billed my credit card the day after I got it.

I ordered my 3GS this morning and my credit card was not bill at the moment, but I just checked again and its billed. They tell you that the credit card will be billed as soon its ready to ship.

I also heard that all the people that pre-ordered the iphone online will receive the phone tomorrow.

I just hope I get mine tomorrow, if not I dont care I can wait :D

4. kailess thread starter macrumors member

cdesigns - did you order from the Apple website or ATT?

Thanks, Dave006. Our local store is opening at 7 am. I was thinking if I let the crazed fans get out of the way first thing in the morning, maybe I could still snag a phone around 9 am.

I've never bought before on launch day - my available funds just happened to coincide with 6-19.

I didn't know how good Apple is about store in-stock levels. Do they ship a reasonable amount of iphone's to each store or is it like Best Buy where they run a great ad in the paper and then have two actual items in stock?

5. cdesigns macrumors 6502

I order mine from the website att.com, but I havent received it yet, did you got yours?>