Order options for procrastinators ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marylpn, Oct 10, 2013.

1. marylpn macrumors newbie

My friend just received her gold iphone yesterday after ordering it from Verizon on 9/20. I have been holding out thinking that my local Best Buy would have them in stock soon. Now I am hearing that the fastest way to get my hands on one would be to order directly from Apple. There site still says shipping in October. Any thoughts on this...I am upgrading from a 4S and figured I would have BB transfer all my apps, photos, music etc at the time of purchase. If you talk to any of the electronic stores they all say the same thing, that they are never told in advance what there stock they are getting in. Perhaps, ordering from Apple might be faster. Just curious if there are any other procrastinators out there with the same dilema:eek:

2. dazedxar macrumors member

If you don't care when you will get the phone, then order it from Apple and forget about it. It will get here when it gets here.

You won't be able to get one in store until November, at worst towards the end of December. I think the gold is so backordered that every gold that comes out of production is already going to someone.

3. Hyperpulse macrumors member

I ordered on October 3rd, and my order status has gone to 'Preparing for Dispatch.' I would say just bite the bullet and order from Apple. Delivery times have got to speed up soon.

If you want gold, you might be waiting a while though.

4. cs0373 macrumors member

Just a thought - when I got mine at Best Buy they couldn't even transfer contacts. Something about IOS 7 not compatible with the machine they use? Anyway, I had to just sync my phone when I got home to get my contacts and music on. I didn't have many pictures on my old phone so it wasn't too bad for me.

5. elistan macrumors 6502a

Is there an Apple Store near you? I wandered into one on a whim a few weeks ago and they had some 5ses in stock and no line so I picked one up.

6. elemenoP macrumors newbie

There is a thread on here "do you have a gold iphone in your hands?" It seems to me that not many people on that thread got their phone through apple.com. Yes, the very first gold orders on apple.com have shipped out, but many more people are still waiting (myself included*). You can check stock at Best Buy and your local apple store online, you may want to keep trying that every day. There are also threads on here about the best time of day to check stock. If you see one you reserve it for pick up.

I ordered a gold iphone from apple.com on Sept 30th and I still have no ship date (only "October"). I am skeptical that I will even get the phone within the month of October. But now I'm in the queue, and I don't want to cancel my order, so I'll just wait it out.

eP

7. marylpn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replys

I guess I'll just keep bugging Best Buy. There was a saleperson that told me to call last Tuesday, which was when the stock was to come in. He even gave me his name and number. He said if they had any he would hold one for me until after I was off work. Well...the incoming calls to BB were rerouted to a Customer Service Dept somewhere else. When I finally was allowed to be connected directly to the store a young girl said he wasn't available and the Best Buy policy prohibits them from "holding" iphones for customers. So, guess I'll just pop in and keep my fingers crossed:) I am not in a huge hurry, but just wasn't sure what the fastest approach would be.

8. Xerotech macrumors 6502

You'd probably be luckier in store. If you check the other threads on the forum a lot of people who ordered earlier are being quoted November ship dates.