Order placed for delivery but they have iPhone X in-stock everywhere...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dseg42, Nov 4, 2017.

1. dseg42 macrumors member

So I have an order placed for a Nov 24 delivery and it turns out there are five stores around me with the silver iPhone X 256 in-stock.
    So I call to try to change my shipping method so I can just go pick it up.
    Can't...
    Turns out, I need to cancel my order and wait 24hrs so my phone is eligible for upgrade again lol
    Can I just place an order with my wife's number and switch it? We have AT&T.

What a joke.

2. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

I canceled my Verizon order and was upgrade eligible immediately.

3. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

If you call AT&T they should be able to reset it immediately.

4. Andrew.s macrumors 6502

Andrew.s

Cancelled my iUP upgrade this morning and was able to place my order again for pick up within minutes. Had to call to cancel though. It wouldn’t let me do it online. Might be a little different since I didn’t do a traditional upgrade though.

5. dseg42 thread starter macrumors member

I cancelled it and I was eligible within 5 minutes.
    So stupid that Apple can't just change an order.

6. ldebel macrumors newbie

Anyone able to cancel whose phone is already on their way to them? This is insane than anyone off the street can walk into a store and pick one up, but those of us who have been waiting and had the forethought to preorder are stuck like this.

7. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

So all stores around me have this phone in stock and I’m about to go buy one right now...

Someone explain to me if this iPhone upgrade program gives you a down payment depending on credit or how they work...

8. kjotwani macrumors regular

Was your iPhone X shipped when u cancelled it? Also were the first monthly payments and taxes deducted when u cancelled?

9. Sumter macrumors 6502

Sumter

I’m quite surprised stock is so readily available. I had to replace my phone for activation issues and was on monthly plan, they refunded me the tax (my bill didn’t come in yet so I haven’t paid the first installment to refund for) and then after I set up the replacement they charged me for the tax of it again.

10. robbi1106 macrumors newbie

This annoyed me too!! I preordered through ATT on 10/27 after trying unsuccessfully through Apple at 3 am. Was stuck on in progress 11/2-11/10 delivery. When I woke up this am I was all excited to see that it finally shipped with a delivery date of tues.... but then.... went to the Apple store app and saw that I could pick up today.. but I was already shipped through ATT! Ugh! Eh... now I need tues to come!

11. dseg42 thread starter macrumors member

lol this is crazy. I got up at 3am on Friday and still ended up with a Nov 24 delivery.
    Cancelled it, re-ordered at 10am on a Saturday, now I pick it up in a few hours.

12. robbi1106 macrumors newbie

At least you were able to cancel!! Congrats and enjoy the new phone!

13. ldebel macrumors newbie

Yeah I just tried to cancel, and because its already shipped, they can't. I asked why Apple thinks its okay to put people who preordered on the back burner like this and his response was:

• "The iPhone X thats available today are on such a limited stock, that everyone that can’t get it today, will most likely have to wait longer than the pre-order.

The point of pre-ordering is to avoid going in and finding out that they are out, its so you can guarentee the order."
    I told him, except the fact that you can reserve for in store pick up online, so you don't have to do that. And that the point of a preorder is to be able to be the first to get the new product without having to wait, and to make sure you can get the product even though stores sell out. Which at this point, none of that is happening. And we all know the stores will be getting shipments in with new product in multiple times a week so its doubtful many will have to wait longer than those who preordered.

14. Andrew.s macrumors 6502

Andrew.s

No, it wasn’t estimated to ship until Dec 4-11.

15. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Not everywhere, all the 4 Apple stores in my area had a few this morning but they were gone before 7 AM.

Dave

16. ImBuz macrumors 6502

ImBuz

Yup Me Too--getting it today @ 2:30