Order says 2 week shipping... Who else is keeping the order and camping out on 21st?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp700p, Sep 14, 2012.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

At the time of my order on apple.com (black 32gb AT&T) at 1:05 AM PST it says will ship in "2 Weeks". I plan on keeping the order, but also going to camp out on the 21st hoping to get it the first day. If I get lucky on the first day camping out, I will cancel my online apple.com order.

Who else is doing this?

2. iphone495 macrumors member

I don't think you can cancel, at least from Apple.

[​IMG]

3. myditka macrumors member

does this mean all pre orders are sold out?! already?

4. jp700p thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. Anyone whose order says "2 Weeks", Apple really means, 2 weeks. I don't ever recall Apple shipping out first day when the order is in 2 week status. I have a small hope that maybe enough people cancel and my order gets pushed to 1st day ship... yeah right.....

5. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

Yep, I got the same bait and switch. Everything showed 9/21 until final click. Then shipping jumped to 2-weeks. Will likely be canceling as soon as status allows me too. Locally I've always had really good (no wait) launch day success, but opted to go this route after a "smooth" experience with iPad 3 pre-order.

Needless to say I will never pre-order again. What a waste of time and sleep.

6. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Why not wait it out. The iPhone will get to you.

7. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

You could preorder from the carriers, both Verizon and ATT still have stock not sure about Sprint.

8. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Upgrade status is tied up by Apple's system. Plus I'm afraid to slip even farther back in line!

9. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Ah yes I guess if you already placed it thats a problem. It's funny that all 3 US carriers still have stock left!

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

This is why I always order through AT&T.