Order through Apple or AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trlyka, Sep 13, 2012.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Is there an advantage to ordering through either Apple or AT&T? I wouldn't think it matters, but if I recall, I ordered through Apple for my 4.

Who are you ordering through and why?

2. JamesM1053 macrumors newbie

I will be using the apple store app on my iphone to pre-order. During iphone 4 preordering, while the apple/att webpages were having all sorts of trouble, the apple store app cut right through that, gave me all the options I wanted, and gave me a confirmation that the phone was ordered.

Really hoping that it offers in-store pickup, I don't like the uncertainty of whether the phone will be delivered on Friday or not.

3. Jazwire, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

One browser with Apple one with AT&T.

Which ever give least problems. Prob go 1st with Apple, trust them more to not screw things up than AT&T. But the MBP-Retina launch was a disaster, so I am slightly concerned. And this is a WAY bigger launch.

4. Sebrina macrumors member

For phones definately go with AT&T if you need to swap lines or do anything out of the ordinary an Apple rep can't do anything for you while AT&T might.

For instance when the 4 came out I wanted to deactivate my line add another line with the phone then switch that phone to my main line and add a feature phone to the add a line, Apple couldn't do that but AT&T did.

5. oscr760 macrumors newbie

AT&T simply because I got my phone early before the release date last year

6. aloecool macrumors regular

Good idea...going to use it as my backup plan.

7. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I see your point, however, the phones don't get activated until I have them, so I'm not sure if it matters where the phone come from. Either way, you still have to call AT&T to say hey, activate my phone..... I was just wondering if one place was more reliable or easier to deal with over the other.

8. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I didn't see any additional charging USB cords or adapters (old iPhone to new) on the AT&T site? I just assume get it all together. So isn't it better to order the phone through Apple if I want additional charging cables or adaptors?

I see where people thought it was better to order with AT&T, but I prefer to have everything together if I can. I mean Apple makes the phone, AT&T is the middle man, no?