Order through Apple or AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trlyka, Sep 13, 2012.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

Dec 26, 2011
    Is there an advantage to ordering through either Apple or AT&T? I wouldn't think it matters, but if I recall, I ordered through Apple for my 4.

Who are you ordering through and why?
  2. JamesM1053 macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2010
    I will be using the apple store app on my iphone to pre-order. During iphone 4 preordering, while the apple/att webpages were having all sorts of trouble, the apple store app cut right through that, gave me all the options I wanted, and gave me a confirmation that the phone was ordered.

Really hoping that it offers in-store pickup, I don't like the uncertainty of whether the phone will be delivered on Friday or not.
  3. Jazwire, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2009
    One browser with Apple one with AT&T.

Which ever give least problems. Prob go 1st with Apple, trust them more to not screw things up than AT&T. But the MBP-Retina launch was a disaster, so I am slightly concerned. And this is a WAY bigger launch.
  4. Sebrina macrumors member

Sep 13, 2012
    For phones definately go with AT&T if you need to swap lines or do anything out of the ordinary an Apple rep can't do anything for you while AT&T might.

For instance when the 4 came out I wanted to deactivate my line add another line with the phone then switch that phone to my main line and add a feature phone to the add a line, Apple couldn't do that but AT&T did.
  5. oscr760 macrumors newbie

Jun 21, 2010
    AT&T simply because I got my phone early before the release date last year
  6. aloecool macrumors regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Good idea...going to use it as my backup plan.
  7. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 26, 2011
    I see your point, however, the phones don't get activated until I have them, so I'm not sure if it matters where the phone come from. Either way, you still have to call AT&T to say hey, activate my phone..... I was just wondering if one place was more reliable or easier to deal with over the other.
  8. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 26, 2011
    I didn't see any additional charging USB cords or adapters (old iPhone to new) on the AT&T site? I just assume get it all together. So isn't it better to order the phone through Apple if I want additional charging cables or adaptors?

I see where people thought it was better to order with AT&T, but I prefer to have everything together if I can. I mean Apple makes the phone, AT&T is the middle man, no?