Order through Apple or carrier??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emmanevada, Oct 18, 2013.

1. emmanevada macrumors member

I want a gold 16gb verizon.. not sure if I should order through them or apple. I've been hearing mixed things from different people. Which did you do and how long did it take?

2. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

You couldn't read and reply to one of the dozens of other threads on this topic?

3. emmanevada thread starter macrumors member

I see you have the 4S, therefore your comment is irrelevant to this thread. Thanks.

4. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I've always ordered from apple. The exception being the iPhone 4 launch on VZW and it was a mess. Think about this, who has the most to lose if you don't have the device in your hands immediately? The manufacturer or the carrier that just supplies the wireless signal? For me, that is how I've decided to use Apple, they have more to lose if they don't get it to me. The truth is it probably doesn't really matter, but as long as apple continues to deliver to me then I'm staying with them

5. Firocity macrumors member

Why is his comment irrelevant to the thread? Might he not have a 5s on order or have insight on the purchasing process? You couldn't handle the fact the he was right about searching through the forum to find a related thread rather than creating a new one. Learn how to take feedback, it will be good for you.

6. alent1234 macrumors 603

same phone, same price

if you want the 5S, best buy has the best trade in values on older phones along with AT&T in second place. i'd buy there before going to the apple store

7. Raibyn macrumors regular

Raibyn

Dealing with Apple beats dealing with Verizon any day.

8. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

You actually hit the nail on the head. I do have a 5s on order. I have read through several, and contributed to a couple, of these threads over the last few days, and I'm not in the mood to rehash everything I've already said just because people are too lazy to find the relevant topics.

9. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Apple store or Apple online store > 30 day return policy > AppleCare +

Verizon Store or online > 14 day return policy > May have to go to Apple store to have phone checked out before they sell you the AppleCare + insurance if you want it. Over 50 miles from Apple store you maybe able to get the AppleCare + on the phone. May even get lucky and just call AppleCare + rep to see if they will sell it to you no matter how close you are from the Store.

If you live in California, if you buy from a Carrier, they have to give you a 30 day return period.

I'd buy from Apple any day of the week. If it takes longer getting from Apple, so what. No hurries

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Always go through Apple whenever possible. by far the experience and return policy are better than any of the carriers. They also screw up orders way, way less.

11. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Plus the better customer service