Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eleven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2004
Hey there,

I'm thinking of getting a PB for school in the fall (yup, I'm switching :)) and I'm waiting around for some of those promotions to come up, cept I don't want to wait too long... I was just wondering how long it usually takes for an order to complete for a PB with custom options...?

nels0360

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2004
Colorado
I ordered my 12" PowerBook on a Tuesday and it was delivered on Monday (so six days later). I used the two-day shipping option. Tracking indicated that it had shipped from Tiawan on Saturday.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Eleven said:
Hey there,

I'm thinking of getting a PB for school in the fall (yup, I'm switching :)) and I'm waiting around for some of those promotions to come up, cept I don't want to wait too long... I was just wondering how long it usually takes for an order to complete for a PB with custom options...?
Stock macs come quickly - BTO can be a little longer. Of course if it is a stock mac, you could order from a US distributor....

Once it ships from Taiwan - it's usually a business day or two til it arrives.

Eleven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2004
So if i buy a custom one by say....end of july or early august I should have it before september?

U2Rules!

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2004
Minnesota
I ordered a 12 in. PB, 133 mhz, 256 ram, 80 GB HD and Airport Express on Sunday. Just got the email saying it shipped today, Hurray! Although the Airport express is on back order, won't get that til August :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.