Order without upgrading

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falkedup, Sep 11, 2013.

1. falkedup macrumors regular

Is there going to be an option for paying full price even if you are eligible for an upgrade? I am due for an upgrade but i want to keep my unlimited data on verizon and i plan on ordering my iphone 5s online.

thanks

2. falkedup thread starter macrumors regular

is this a stupid question, because i dont see a way to do this?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Unless you're on T-Mobile, you cannot buy the iPhone 5C off contract or unsubsidized yet. This is typical for apple, they usually don't let consumers do that for a few weeks (months?)

4. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

No, I don't think that this is a stupid question at all. For some reason, during today's pre-order event, Apple doesn't show an option to purchase one of the 5c's on Sprint or Verizon without upgrading/subsidized. I see that it says you can get a SIM-free phone, but it is very clear that this will only work on a GSM network and that "the unlocked iPhone will not work with CDMA-based carriers, including Sprint and Verizon Wireless."

When I asked the Apple representative about purchasing a Verizon 5c without upgrading, they told me that an "unclocked" phone is not yet available for Verizon customers so that my only option was to wait or upgrade. :mad:

5. MikeeV9 macrumors member

I see this option in my apple store app, isn't this what you're looking for?

Attached Files:

6. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

That's awesome. I didn't even think about trying to purchase through the iPhone app...duh. I didn't go all the way through the checkout yet, but that does seem to work. It seemed to want to charge me 749 for the 32GB version, buying off contract. I wonder if this will be the case next Friday for the 5s as well?

Good catch, thanks!