Ordered 32GB, changed mind and want 64GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tekksan, Sep 14, 2012.

1. tekksan macrumors regular

I ordered the 32GB and ordered from apple.com and have a delivery date of 9/21. This morning I changed my mind and decided on the 64GB. When I get the 32GB model on 9/21, can I take it back to the Apple retail store on 9/22 and exchange it for the 64GB version and just pay the difference?

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It's a good idea to think this through in advance. Once you've ordered the phone it's going to be costing you time & money to try & straighten things out.

I'm not aware of the official policy. All I know is what I've read here, what my friends say. It's my understanding that Apple may or may not, depending on the person who you talk to.

3. sineplex macrumors 6502

see if you can just cancel the order first, then order the other one.

4. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

you cancel your order to get a 64gb, and you are looking at possibly 2 weeks shipping after 9/21

call apple and see your options thats all i can say

5. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

i think if you go into the store they will swap it for you if you havnt even opened it. I cant see it being a problem! Unless they have sold out of the 64gb ones when you go in...

6. Surrylic macrumors regular

Unfortunately I can't give you a for sure answer, but I might be in your situation is well and I would do exactly what you mentioned. Because of the delay in shipping that is occurring right now there is no way you can change your order and still get your phone on time.

However in my case I bought a 16GB and kind of wish I'd gone with 32GB :) I currently have the 16 in the form of an Android phone and I'm completely happy with that size so I went ahead and bought my iPhone 5 the same way... but now I'm thinking since my phone will sync with iTunes I want to have more space to actually put music on...

7. tekksan thread starter macrumors regular

From my reading it would seem you have 30 days to exchange an iPhone so I think I might try and swap it out for the 64GB on 9/21 or 9/22.

Now the question is do I have to wait in line to do the swap?

8. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

This.

9. kellte2 macrumors regular

This is the answer. The policy is clear, 30 days to return/exchange a phone. As far as I'm aware, it should be a 'no questions asked' return, too (assuming the phone is still in New condition). This is standard operating procedure for all carriers when you're signing a 2-year agreement and Apple's 30-day policy would seem to reflect that.

10. 725032 Guest

Well done for making someone else wait longer for a
    32gb OP!