Ordered my new iMac. Now I have to wait till 17th of April???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DELTAsnake, Mar 3, 2009.

1. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

I ordered my new iMac I got the order confirmation email and it says the ship date is the 17th of April. This is my first time ordering anything from Apple so I'm wondering why do I have to wait so long? I've only ever ordered from Dell in the past they always ship in a day or two.

2. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Brand new product, not ready to actually ship. I assume you've ordered some custom parts.

3. Zyniker macrumors 6502

It may not actually take that long, give it a few days and recheck the shipping estimate. Albeit, Apple does sometimes release products when they are still ramping up production of the same...meaning longer wait times on the shipping. :(

4. 11800506 macrumors 65816

CTO ordering the Radeon 4850 bumps the order time a couple of weeks because either it is just being readied for manufacture or because it requires 10.5.7 (like the 4870 in the Mac Pro) which likely won't be released for a couple of weeks.

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

It is because you added the 4850 video card option.

A secondary problem is that when Apple releases new models, there is such an influx of orders that it extends shipping time well beyond what is normal. Mid product cycle usually ships in 1-5 days depending on your customization.

6. DELTAsnake thread starter macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

So the ATI isn't ready yet, seems like something ATI and Apple should work out before they start selling it. At least it's only a month I have to wait.