Ordered Online, Can I Still Try to Purchase In-Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GIDoc, Sep 20, 2013.

1. GIDoc macrumors newbie

I ordered two Iphone 5S's online, but was going to try to stand in line. Would I still be able to buy from an apple store (and cancel the online orders)?

2. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

so your saying that you want to order 2 and limit the chance of others....

3. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

4. richpuer macrumors 6502

5. GIDoc thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

7. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

8. christof macrumors 6502

If you used an upgrade to purchase your phones online, the upgrade reversal takes up to 72 hours for some carriers.

If you purchased full retail price, Apple Retail may not be able to sell you the device for full retail price; for a few months with iPhone 5 last year, full retail price options for Verizon and Sprint were not available in-store. That is, you had to purchase iPhone 5 with a contract renewal through Apple Retail. [I bought a 16GB Gold Verizon 5s full price.]

I think it only makes sense to get in line at Apple or any other retailer--after successfully placing an order online--if you purchased online at full retail price. Keep in mind that return policies / restocking fees vary by online retailer, so be ready to eat some losses if your online order cannot be canceled and if you have to make a return and face a restocking fee. [Verizon has a restocking fee.]

Good luck.

9. GIDoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Chatted with Apple customer service and she said that the online order could be cancelled while in the store

10. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Ok go try it:)

11. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Yep, that's what they call a "sting." Good luck, keep some quarters handy.

12. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Yes , but there are limits for #of phones per customer, and if you want to buy in the store you'll have to cancel the online orders (most likely). You can get to the front of the line and figure it out.

13. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Did you purchase with an upgrade? If so, the resetting of your upgrade could take 24-72 hours. Making it hard to cancel and purchase in store

14. GIDoc thread starter macrumors newbie

15. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

Ok, for UK customers buying direct from apple...

I've just been into the store, and they actually advised to buy online. They said that the store sold out in 40 minutes this morning... So order online and you can cancel or return your phone if you manage to get one before it's delivered.

16. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Yep, you have 2 confirmed devices being shipped to you while every store is sure to be out of stock this morning.

Man, do you have horrible luck!

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

:confused: How is buying a phone online and second one in-store fraud? Perhaps I'm missing something so please explain.