Ordered Right When Times Slipped to Two Weeks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BFW122083, Sep 14, 2012.

1. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

So it only took about an hour for shipping times to slip this year. Once they hit two weeks I wonder if it makes any difference if you ordered right when the times slipped, or now. Hours of difference, but wonder if you would get it a few days earlier. Just wondering since I ordered two of them at 4am! I just missed the cutoff.

2. leoneedees macrumors member

I'm in the same boat as you. Reading some other pages I saw people getting successful "deliver by 21st" orders in as late as 3:46. Mine officially went through at 3:54 and I was in the 2 week batch. I actually had "deliver by the 21st" throughout my checkout process until confirmation.

3. BFW122083 thread starter macrumors 6502

I had delivers by the 21st until the confirmation as well. Im hoping we get them sooner than later :)

4. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

I got my order in a little after 5:00 AM Eastern and mine said 2 weeks from the get-go. I would be surprised if I do not get it on the 21st.

5. mostlydave macrumors regular

4:06am Eastern, I'm hoping some people cancelling, and Apple underestimating will let some of us that were really close still get delivery on the 21st

45 minutes to an hour seems like way to soon to be sold out, especially considering I couldn't even get into the store until around 3:30, and I can't be the only one not able to open the store.

6. BFW122083, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

BFW122083 thread starter macrumors 6502

All of our constantly reading and speculating makes the time fly right by lol.

7. Apple Nikki macrumors newbie

In my drug-induced sleep haze, (head cold, took Alka-seltzer before bed) I fell asleep with my laptop open to the iphone 5 page and my app store app loaded on my iphone and iPad. I woke up at 3:25 or so and apple.com kept showing it was down for maintenance. It crossed my mind to use the app store app but I was too sleepy to try so I fell asleep again (drugs!). I woke up at like 3:55 again and ordered the white 64GB with applecare and it showed 2 weeks. Confirmation at 4:01 and it's still showing "we've received your order" while other people are reporting theirs have moved to processing.

Not happy :( This is like waiting for my retina MBP all over again but worse. I feel like I wasted my time waking up all for nothing.

8. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I am confused, since it told you two weeks the whole time... so you will be surprised if you don't get it on the 21st, or you will be surprised if you do get it on the 21st.

That was worded funny and not easy to understand, so I underlined and bold to make sure it is read properly.

9. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I ordered three iPhones, but had to do three separate orders for some reason. I got the first two with delivery on 9/21 but the third one is for two weeks. My daughter is not real happy, since the third order was for her. I started the order process at 3:45 EST and finished right before 4:00.

10. leoneedees macrumors member

Don't feel so bad I got my order in at 3:54 and it is also still showing "we've received your order" I honestly don't think we will need to wait the entire two weeks but I would like to see my order update soon so I know it's progressing.

11. dagored macrumors 65816

I ordered my 32 and email reads 3:50. - delivery 9/21. Ordered a 16 gig for the wife and email reads 3:53 - shipped in 2 weeks.

I would not care, but in this instance, we ar leaving for 12 days beginning Oct 5. Now, will the 16 gig arrive before then? If I'm not here will it be returned to Apple?

12. leoneedees macrumors member

Just checked the status of my order. It officially cleared "we've received your order" to "processing" and it gave me a delivery date of October 2nd.

13. IlliniGuy76 macrumors regular

Guys... if yours says ships in two weeks that means.. you're going to get it in two weeks.

If it said ships by 9/21.. you'll get it 9/21.

It doesn't matter how close you were to when it changed - they have an allotted amount they know they can produce. You missed that time frame. Very simple here.

14. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

My order showed 2 weeks but I am expecting it on the 21st. I would be surprised if Apple ran out of initial stock within an hour. I remember reading of this same issue in years past and the folks in the supposed second batch ended up getting their phones on launch day.

15. IlliniGuy76 macrumors regular

Not trying to be a dbag.. but.. really.. who cares?

If you get it on 9/21 or two weeks later - you're still going to get a phone. I have no doubts she will live & survive in those two weeks without the new phone.

16. leenak macrumors 68020

I ordered at 3:30 EST or so and my date slipped to 9/26 (so far). Although based on my last order with a new release product, Apple seems to under promise and over deliver. I wouldn't be surprised if those with 2 week dates got theirs on 9/21.

Either way, I'll survive. I get a phone.

17. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

That makes sense. Can people still do preorder for in-store pick up on the 21st??

Just because you said that, does not mean your comment wasn't rude btw...

It is not much different if I said, "No offense, but you're fat and ugly." to someone... Just because I told them I meant no offense, it doesn't really matter and it should still offend them and wouldn't be nice of me to say. The whole point of this thread is to talk about one's preorder experience and the two week shipment notification. There was no need to be that rude to them.

18. BFW122083 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well guys dont get your hopes up. I ordered right at 4 and my status just changed to "delivers Oct 2".

Attached Files:

19. walangij macrumors 6502

My email confirmation came in at 3:28EST. 9/21 just a couple minutes before your order.

[​IMG]

Tim Cook is a supply chain guy. Hopefully they'll figure out a way to get more phones allocated quickly through their global supply chain.

20. dagored macrumors 65816

All accounted for. The 32 will be delivered the 21st and the 16 on October 2. Wife is unhappy, but at least it will be arriving on time for vacation.

21. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

That's good news. Being gone for 12days for sure the phone will be returned to Apple and you would have to wait even longer.

22. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

I don't mean to be your mother, but isn't that much drugs is a wee bit bad for you?

23. boilert macrumors newbie

I ordered two 32s at 5:38 and 5:42 Eastern (After trying in vain to get through AT&T Premier), they show Delivery on Oct 5!

Anyone else notice the shipping is now ~5 day, I thought in the past it was 48 hour shipping all the way from China.

I don't believe there is any chance of the 21st for me...hoping for the end of Sept though!

24. Apple Nikki macrumors newbie

No, I only took two (recommended dosage). Any type of medication just affects me like this. For example I usually only take 1 Benadryl unless I want to be asleep for like 2 days. I'm just a lightweight and have ridiculously fast metabolism.

25. Apple Nikki macrumors newbie

I hope you're right. My order changed to processing, delivery Oct. 5th :mad: