Ordered two Verizon iPhones through Apple and one got cancelled

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rainking, Sep 18, 2012.

1. rainking macrumors regular

Order two Verizon iPhone through apple at 3am EST. Got delivery date of 9/21 on both phones. One has been shipped and left Alaska this morning but Apple cancelled the other phone. So I called them and they said Verizon cancelled it. So I go to our Verizon store and they research it and basically said because I ordered two phones, I had to do two applications on Apple's website. Because of the two application, they flagged the second application as fraud!!! :mad: :(

The removed the block but they don't know if Apple will reprocess it and send me my second phone or I have to pre-order again and now have to wait 3 weeks. I'm guessing it's the later. I guess my wife will have an iPhone 5 before me. :(

Did this happen to anyone else? I thought I did everything correctly by staying up till 3am.

2. rainking thread starter macrumors regular

I guess it just happened to me. Strange. Oh well..

3. Tarjas macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me. Was wrapped up in meetings at work but wife spent 3 hrs on the phone with apple and Verizon, each blaming the other. At the end of the day, had to order through Verizon as a apple supervisor could not get a reorder through (rejected by Verizon). Delivery date is 5 oct, still 21 sep for other phone (which was actually ordered 2nd...). Worried now what happens if we activate/port my wife's number from AT&T as she is the account holder, worried my phone will be stranded (account is under her name)... Super frustrated, thought I was leaving crappy service behind with AT&T...

4. rainking thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, same here. Going to get in line Friday at a Verizon store and hope I get one.

5. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I'm going to apple as well. Had a fraud alert on my two full priced phones as well. I call to get it sorted and verizon said they can't do any better than the 26. They said they got the order at 8 pm when I ordered at 12 am pst. Strange..lesson learned though. Just go line up. Much easier and less hassle with cards and waiting at home for delivery.