ORDERED VIA AT&T, SHIPPED VIA UPS - If you got it, did you need to sign for it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fs454, Oct 14, 2011.

1. fs454 macrumors 65816

I'm freaking because I won't be here for five hours starting at noon and am hoping they'll leave the package. Is anyone able to confirm if UPS requires a signature for these packages?

2. oshia86 macrumors regular

Calm down. If you miss it, you can go pick it up at the hub.

3. theperipheral macrumors 6502

Even if they do, you can complete that pre-sign release and they'll leave it. USE YOUR BRAIN.

4. fs454 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ordered via AT&T. No option to pre-sign. Package is delivered to a name other than mine (account holder doesn't live at my college house) so I can't use the online utility.

5. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Actually, all Apple does is print out a form with your name, tracking number and lines for your signature.

If you type up a letter to UPS, with your Tracking Number and Name/Address on it, you can just sign it yourself and stick it on your door.

All the UPS driver needs is your Signature on a piece of paper saying you got so-and-so package.

There is no notification sent to anyone using the online site to print out a Pre-Sign form, nor are there any special code numbers on the form.

----------

Also - if you miss the first delivery attempt, they'll put a note on your door and you can just sign that note and leave it on the door. Monday, when they do the second delivery attempt, they'll drop it off as long as you checked off the box on the UPS sticker to leave it there.

But, then you'll have to either wait till Monday or go to the UPS hub yourself and pick it up.

They don't do weekend re-delivery attempts unfortunately.

6. Juggie305 macrumors member

sucks i hope fed ex leaves it at my door but i forgot all about this till this morning if not imma have to run to the store (15min away) n wait for the driver :(