Ordering from apple for instore pickup and paying full price at pickup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by batcatman, Oct 2, 2014.

1. batcatman macrumors member

So I want to add a line to my current ATT account, but want to use the Mobiel share plan which requires me to either buy the phone on NEXT (not possible thru apple) or Bring your own device (BYOD) which cant be done online.

So my plan is to add a new line under 2 yrs contract thru apple.com for instore pick, then at pick up time return the phone and buy it full retinal price. Have heard mixed success stories on this, what u guys think :confused:

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

3. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

Worst case add the line then cancel it, pay the ETF and unlock the phone. A little bit of a hassle but should work for att.

4. yunro macrumors member

Thinking of trying this myself, I believe you can set up NEXT in the Apple Store, or do you mean you have to convert your account to Mobile Share as well.

Worse that can happen if you order is for them to say you can't do it and so you just return it right there, Apple doesn't have restocking fees.

5. batcatman thread starter macrumors member

Finally ordered

So i got ired of monitoring iphone 6+ stock all night and ordered it last night from Costco under "add a line"...now when the phone comes planning to cancel the contract, pay ETF and then use the phone as a BYOD to my family mobile share plan for 15$/month.

So my math: 300 (iphone@costco) + 325 (ETF) + First months bill of 40$ = $665 if I can get the activation fee waived which I should be able to.

That should still be lot less than buying device outright for $750...Can someone pls double check my math, Am I missing any hidden ETF charges?

6. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

If you switch to Tmobile, they will pay your ETFS.