Ordering ip5 via Uk Apple Store question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bandofbrothers, Sep 28, 2012.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

I'm wanting the iPhone 5 16gb black/slate sim free ,or on pay as you go.

I'm having no luck in trying to reserve an iPhone 5 via Apples reserve system in the Uk, and the high street shops are all out of pay as you go units.

I'm thinking of just ordering it on the Uk Apple Store instead, and wait for delivery by the 24th of October 12.

My question is if the worst case scenario occurs and something is not right with it ,what are my avenues to choose from.

Do I have to send it back and wait again for a replacement , or can I make an appointment at my most local Uk Apple Store Genius Bar to swap it out ?

Are there any Uk owners who have been down this avenue ?

2. cyclotron451 macrumors regular

cyclotron451

I'm buying from Italian online AppleStore - delivery also sometime in October.

If there's a problem with the phone you can definitely call the AppleStore helpline or go to Meadowhall or London or other physical Apple shop. Many GSM shops (dunno about Apple specifically) have a limit of - something like - "phones can only be replaced when they have less than 15 mins on-air talk usage" However I'm not sure if this conflicts with your UK consumer rights & expectations of Merchantable Quality. In Italy the consumer law is that any fault on an item within the first 6 months is automatically deemed to have been present at time of purchase..

I've bought many items in past from Apple Store UK or Italy, then got them repaired at Genius Bar even in a different country. The Apple warranty guarantees do seem to be worldwide and effective, tho' we pay for this!!!!! especially in the price of the unlocked iP5...