Ordering more than one phone to sale on eBay.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brad9753, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Brad9753 macrumors member

Brad9753

Has anybody here done this? For exams buying 2 iPhones, one for yourself and putting one on eBay. Hopefully at a higher price.
    I am considering it but all depends on shortages, waiting times, store availability etc. But have never taken any notice precious years so no idea if it is even worth it?

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Leave.

3. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Worst case scenario you have to sell it at retail price, loosing nothing. Best case is you can make a little profit. Worth it in my opinion.

4. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

I for one hope you do and end up getting burned and lose money on it

Sorry cant stand peeps who do this

----------

But you would loose selling on fleabay with there fees

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Is this capitalism at its worst or its best? Perhaps the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

6. Brad9753 thread starter macrumors member

Brad9753

Best.

7. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

If the iPad 3 launch earlier this year was any indication, then no, it's not worth it. They had just about enough supply to meet demand right out of the gate and scalpers were returning iPads en masse. I get iPhone is a different animal, but I'd expect Apple to try a similar launch strategy for this device.

8. Brad9753 thread starter macrumors member

Brad9753

But if someone is stupid enough to want one but didn't bother pre ordering to receive on day one and is willing to pay possibly over the odds, then surly that is thier problem. Not mine and not yours. They should have planned a week or so ahead. Simple.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

i do it with gaming system....sold an xbox for $1200 and a ps3 of $2000 on the day of. Easiest money I ever made

10. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

How about leaving it on the shelves for someone else to buy without having to wait for more stock.

It's as bad as ticket touts.

11. Rockondevil macrumors member

Gotta agree. I lined up for the iPad 2 and there was a massive line but everyone would have gotten an iPad still assuming most people only purchased one.

It seems everyone at the start purchased 2 and most people said they were just going to sell them, so the line only got to about halfway and many of us missed out.

Don't be a selfish, greedy person and leave it on the shelf for someone else.

12. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

Since the new iPhone is no longer on the short supply as before, you have to be very careful this time around. However, you can always sell new iPhones to those in the countries in which the new iPhone is not yet on sale.

13. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Worst. People that do this make me sick.

14. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I say do it.. I WANT to see you fail and have no interest in anyone wanting to spend your jacked up prices.

Or you mysteriously meet one of us on Craigslist, and get snuffed right in the face..

15. Brad9753 thread starter macrumors member

Brad9753

I doubt that will happen. Being that places like this are made up of only keyboard warriors.

It's a shame. The Net is a bitter and twisted place so full of hate. Just look at certain YouTube video comments. I fear for my unborn children - I really do. Shame.

16. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

So do i having a father who just wants to make some money by ripping others off

17. Brad9753 thread starter macrumors member

Brad9753

I prefer to call it taking advantage of other peoples poor planning and stupididity.

18. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Dress it up has you like, it's ripping someone else off, just as bad has a con man imo

19. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you? Are you in high school, college, in the workforce?

20. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Remember the thread last year where people were seen returning multiple iPhones. Don't forget about the restocking fee, because you'll end up losing money.

21. RenoG macrumors 65816

Exactly..

22. KandyKane macrumors 6502

I accidentally ordered 6x4s last year (refresh fail), and apple sent them to me, surprisingly as theres the 2 per person cap.

I was going to sell them on eBay, but when you take out the seller fees and PayPal fees, you'd have to bump the price by at least $100, and you also risk the buyer doing a chargeback or something. Ended up returning them when no one I knew wanted them.

23. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I would't do it with the iphone for the simple fact that the stock gets replenished so fast. I think last year there was maybe, maybe one day where they were completely gone and that was the release date.

24. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Hmm, let's see. A con man takes your money by lying/cheating/stealing. You get nothing but empty pockets. An iPhone reseller takes your money, which you give him willingly, and in return you receive an iPhone. Please explain how these are remotely similar.

25. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

This. GTFO you scammer.