Ordering Online and Delivery Address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apothacarion, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Apothacarion macrumors member

Apothacarion

I know a few years ago there were issues with people having the delivery address different than what was on file with their carrier. Does anyone know if this is still true? I want it delivered to my work as I am not home during the day and wanted to make sure if this would be a problem or not. Anyone have any experience with this last year? Thanks.

2. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

I did a mock checkout with the 5c earlier and it does not allow you to change the address (edit). Shipping address = [carrier] billing address. For AT&T anyway

3. isaaccubed macrumors newbie

I have AT&T and changed my billing address right before purchasing the iPhone 5s. My new address showed up, and the purchase went through, so I think I'll change the billing address back on AT&T's end tomorrow.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I would suggest you wait until you actually have the phone(s) you ordered in-hand before you change your address back on AT&T's online account system. Just to make sure you don't get screwed over by any last minute address re-checks during that 1-3 business days that they process the order.

Note that changing your billing address doesn't change your service location, so service shouldn't be affected. And if you're on paperless billing, the billing address really doesn't matter much to AT&T anyway except for phone ordering/shipping purposes.

(Wow, almost 4AM, I *really* should be going back to bed...)

5. isaaccubed macrumors newbie

Good idea, I'm going to take your advice! I spent so much time resolving shipping address issues with the iPhone 5 pre-order last year, and would hate to repeat that again.