original 2g iphone unlocked. what sims work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by einmusiker, Oct 12, 2013.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I used to use my og iphone with tmobile. It's been sitting in a drawer for years so I am giving it to my niece to use as a prepaid phone. She will use it on wifi so doesn't need data but I'd like her to have plenty of texts and calling minutes for cheap so my my brother can contact her when necessary. What do you recommend besides att and tmobile? Thanks!

2. mrbrown macrumors 6502

You can use any prepaid GSM carrier. Unfortunately, in the United States, with the exception of a very few regional GSM carriers, you will be using either AT&T or T-Mobile's network. A TMo SIM might be the better choice, since AT&T has at least started phasing out its EDGE service in places...

3. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I think you're better off selling it and buying her an iphone 4 for $150 or something. That original iPhone is too old and is worth more as a collectible item. Just my 2 cents :D

4. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Use h20 wireless it is $30 a month UNLIMITED talk and text no taxes if u use a debit/credit card that $30 even includes 50mb of data(very small amount) and you can easily add a profile to the phone via the website to easily make the data feature accessible.The SIM cards are 2 for $1 on ebay and they work in any AT&T or unlocked phone I think it's about the best deal for what you are considering and they run off AT&T towers so their coverage is good.

5. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Thank you this is perfect

6. xmaseve macrumors regular

www.aiowireless.com is a great choice. It's AT&T's new prepaid only service with the same AT&T coverage. $40 will get you unlimited talk, text, and 250MB of data. Taxes are included.