Original AW Sport owners...worth it to upgrade to Series 2 Nike?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by justinharris89, Oct 24, 2016.

1. justinharris89 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm debating on upgrading to the new Nike watch, but wanted to get the thoughts of any AW Sport owners who have upgraded, as I'm currently still using my original Sport from last year. It's been great, but reading about how much faster the series 2 watches are, paired with the ability to go for a run without my phone sounds like a very enticing idea, but before I committed, I wanted to crowdsource and get some opinions from folks who have taken the same upgrade path. I know the Nike watches aren't widely available yet, I'm just thinking more in general upgrading to the aluminum series 2 watches. Thank you!

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I would say if your a runner and you appreciate what Series 2 has to offer in terms of water resistance, GPS, brighter screen and the upgraded processor as you already mentioned. Then yes, it seems appropriate for you.

3. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I am considering the same upgrade from an original AW Sport to the Nike. I will wait until the hype dies down with the Nike version and decide when they are available at a discount from the big box stores. I only paid $275 for mine at Best Buy, so I do not want to spend much more for the Nike.

I run with mine 3-4 times a week without my phone, so the GPS will be nice, but not a necessity for me to enjoy my runs. :cool:

4. justinharris89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right there with you, this is more of an advanced scouting for Christmas, I just wanted to start early and hear everyone's thoughts.

5. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Bought the series 2 for my dad. he didn't end up wanting it so I used it for a while.
    It didn't offer any tangible benefits for me over the series 1. the speed boost is nice, but the series 1 was still functional. The GPS seems like a non issue for me. I never go for a run without my phone.
    I'm not big on swimming, so the waterproofing was moot.

ended up convincing my dad to try the watch for a week. now he loves it... after I taught him all the features on it.

Will buy another series 2, 38mm for my fiance soon. but I'm not buying her the series 2 becasue it is leaps and bounds better than the series 1...I'm choosing that because I don't want to seem like I"m cheaping out on her.. silly and not rational I know...but thats the way it goes.

6. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Get her the Ceramic version with the Hermes Double Buckle Cuff. That will show you are not CHEAP at all... :D

TxWatch

7. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

hahah damn...