Original iPhone 2g Sudden Loss of Signal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnydeee, Jun 25, 2010.

1. johnnydeee macrumors newbie

I know with the furore over the new 'iPhone 4', owners of the original iPhone 2G r getting somewhat left behind but I have a problem!!!

I bought the 1st iPhone on launch day and then 2 years later the 3Gs (obviously i'm not bitter about the new one, just another year wait!) but now my 1st iPhone has suddenly lost cellular signal in all but the strongest signal areas in the UK. I don't mind taking it apart myself but has anybody else had the same problem so I know what i'm looking for?

It hasn't got a mark on it and has always been well treated and if I were to put it on eBay I would indeed advertise it as JB'd and 'As Good As New'

Anyone?

2. johnnydeee thread starter macrumors newbie

3. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

You're absolutely sure you've never dropped it? Cause I've dropped my iPhone a few times and because no outer damage happened you forget about it, but it might be enough to wiggle free some connectors inside or something. You could have a look on iFixit for a guide to help take it apart, but I've seen it before and its not a minor tear apart, you better be pretty sure you can put it back together again.