Original iPhone OEM glass & bezel replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, Aug 19, 2012.

1. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I have my original iPhone that's in (just about) mint condition other then a small crack in the glass, and a small ding in the corner of the chrome bezel. I am keeping it as a collectors item but would like to get the glass & bezel replaced with OEM parts..What would be the best way to go about this repair? Am I better off trying to get my hands on a broken phone with a good screen? Or is there a place where I can just buy the front glass and bezel. I'm guessing that the digitizer is fused to the glass so I'll need to replace the whole unit.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Also, I'm pretty handy so I think I can do the job no problem.. But what would u say the degree of difficulty is on a scale of 1-10. I never had the need to disassemble any iPhone so I have no experience. But again, im sure I can handle it. Just need to know the best way to go about doing it.

Thanks!!

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I've had nothing but great experiences with Mission:Repair out of Kansas City, Kansas. Really nice guys with competitive prices & super fast shipping. Worth checking 'em out at least.

3. bossxii macrumors 68000

If you want to mail it in, as mentioned, Mission Repair is the place to send it. If you want to buy the part and fix it yourself, eTech Parts is the place to go on the web for any iPhone part you would need. Yes, I confess I work at eTech, but hey, we take care of our customers and have great quality, great customer service and fair prices as well.

To help you decide if you want to fix it the folks over at iFixit.com have excellent guides and step by step pictures to help.

Good Luck!

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I noticed your back plates don't have the Apple logo?