Original iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dweezle3, Jul 11, 2012.

?

Do you still have or use an original 2G iPhone?

1. Yes, and I use it as my phone

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Yes, but only as an iPod

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. No

45 vote(s)
    70.3%
  4. Yes, but don't use it

15 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. dweezle3 macrumors regular

dweezle3

Just curious, how many other users still have an regularly use the original 2G iPhone?

2. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

Where's the option for yes I own but don't use it at all!?

3. dweezle3 thread starter macrumors regular

dweezle3

It's hiding :rolleyes: Is there any way to edit it in as an option? Can't seem to find any sort of "Edit Poll" button

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You'll have to ask a moderator to edit the poll for you. Click the report button next to your first post and ask for it to be added.

5. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

I have one that's in pretty rough shape but its still usable. It was given to me from a friend and I have it on display.

6. BrokeTechLover macrumors regular

Mines in the original box,I In a drawer... Unfortunately it still has the original battery & died out on me earlier this year. But I was using it fairly regularly up till then

7. burnside macrumors 6502

Still have mine. Sometimes I will use it as my Sonos remote or when a friend or family member comes over they can use it for surfing.

8. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Still have one but never use it. Sitting in a box in a drawer of my desk. Think I'll pull it out and see if it still works.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, mostly because I never owned one. I waited until apple came out with the 3G model :)

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My 12 year old son sometimes uses it to play games. Other than that, it just sits in a drawer.

11. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I still have mine in perfect shape. I have it sitting nicely on a stand, atop my desk.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If it wasn't for the fact that many apps no longer support 3.1.3, I might use it more often. For a while we were using it as a device to play Pandora on the living room speakers, but have since built a home theater PC. Needless to say, the iPhone just sits in the drawer now. I still keep it for times when I go someplace, such as a theme park, where I am afraid I might drop/lose/damage a phone.

13. dirtclod macrumors member

I never had the original but I bought the 3G when it came out and used it until a few months ago. It just got too slow with the software updates and the pathetically slow and unreliable AT&T service. So I switched to a RAZR, about which I have mixed emotions.

I still carry my 3G with me on trips (I work in the airlines) and it is used all the time as my alarm and iPod and occasionally for wi-fi service. And to remind me to get an iPhone when I am eligible for the subsidized device again.

Miss the iPhone, but the unreliability of the calls and internet let me to switch carriers and devices (long story there... I wanted the 4S but couldn't arrange delivery so I ended up with another device). Stuck with my 3G for a long time though.

14. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I sold mine a while ago, but wish I would have held on to it for nestalgia.

15. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Nostalgic for you? Sorry, had too :D

Attached Files: