Original White 13" Macbook (06 ish?) switching to black bezel. Been done?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by eyeseeyou, Sep 25, 2011.

1. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I looked up a few sources how to remove the bezel on my 06 macbook. I like the look of the newer macbooks with the black bezel around the lcd screens. I'd like to replicate that look/affect on my old macbook.

Anyone done this before?

I think that it helps create a nice "frame" to the graphic work I do.

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Not sure if it would be possible. Have u looked at the parts number, and how it looks like from the back so you can put it in with the correct holes?

3. session101 macrumors regular

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-MacBook-Core-Duo-Front-Display-Bezel/306/14

if you are just replacing the bezel then you don't need to follow the steps except like the last 4, you can pry up the bezel and unsnap it from the clips using a credit card (that's what I used) and just make sure that when you use the card try to not bend the bezel or it will look funny... use the card to just unsnap the clips and you're set

to install you will have to pull the clips off the bezel when you are done and attach those first to the top display before you replace the bezel.

4. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. I actually came across that exact website. I found a black bezel for about $20 shipped. Hopefully it works.

5. session101 macrumors regular

if it doesn't work you can always paint it, its not hard if you put in the time

6. eyeseeyou thread starter macrumors 68000