Orlando area lines

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by JP913, Sep 18, 2014.

1. JP913 macrumors newbie

Decided to drive around town to see what the lines were like... Here's what I've seen, as of 11pm-ish:

Celebration FL AT&T store - about 10 or so in line

Best Buy across from the Loop - NO ONE IN LINE

Sprint and T-Mobile at the Loop - no one in line

AT&T across from the Loop (on John Young) - around 20+ or more in line

I'm heading to the Florida Mall and Millena, I'll update with what I see.

2. JP913 thread starter macrumors newbie

Florida Mall - 50+ in line. The line, if you're wondering, is in the parking lot outside, at the entrance near the M&M store.

Best Buy (across from Florida Mall on OBT) - one dude, sleeping.

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Was about 75 when I rolled by the Florida mall. Security and Orange County sheriff threatened to trespass anybody that doesn't have a room key at the hotel. Everybody banded together to pool their money for a room. I split when security approached me as I was just checking it out.

It is now $5 to get in line there.

----------

Oh. And there is a list keeping track of the line order. Was pretty cool to see everybody organize.

4. JP913 thread starter macrumors newbie

Crazy!

-----

Milenna Mall - couldn't find the line. I assume it's inside the mall?

Milenna AT&T - 10 or so in line

Best Buy outside Milenna - no line (as of 12 am)

----------

If the Florida Mall line is up to 70+, assume wherever the line is at Milenna to be at least equal, if not way more. It's the nicer mall, after all.

Best Buy seems to be the place I would aim for. Three stores, 1 guy in line. I was in line for the Mini at the BB Loop, and there was at least 30 people by 8 am.

5. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

People aren't allowed on property at Millenia or Altamonte until 5 am (might even be 6). Always a mad house there. Florida mall used to be the answer. Not anymore it seems. :(

6. tengorazon macrumors member

Around 30 In line at the ATT store on Colonial in Orlando. Heard they have 10 each of the 6 in each size and color (good for me). 2 each of the 6+. Seems like lots of people want the plus.

7. JP913 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good luck! Part of me wishes I was out in line somewhere in town, instead of sitting in my apartment waiting for UPS. Next time, I guess.

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

When I lined up for the 4 at Millennia, no one was allowed on property until 5 am. People hung out in cars across the street at Krispy Kreme and elsewhere until 5, and then it was a madhouse. People in cars and on foot were racing through the parking lot to get in line. By the time I managed to park and get in line, I was probably about 75th or so. So glad that I had a reservation; even still, I didn't end up getting out of there until after 12:30.

9. JP913 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's insane. When I was driving around last night / this morning, I was given the beady eye from a cop. I think there's more potential issues with having people SWARM a place all at once rather than deal with a line for a couple hours overnight.

They have full time security there anyway, so what's the difference if they have a line of folks quietly sitting around? There's also a couple restaurants that have late night hours there... I just don't get it.

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Exactly. It seemed like it would have SO many more possibilities for incidents happening with the "running of the bulls" scenario than by just letting people line up overnight. But hey, I'm not a mall cop, so what do I know? ;)

11. RatSalad macrumors member

The ups pickup location n longwood had about 30 people waiting at opening

12. tengorazon macrumors member

Thanks! Got my 64gb space gray 6 without a problem. They accidentally gave me a gold at first and we didn't realize that until it had been activated, so I was worried about being stuck with it, but it all worked out. As predicted, the people who got up early enough to be the first 12 or so in line all got the 6+. I played around with it a bit and must admit it is a nice looking device, but it's definitely not practical for my daily purposes.

They had about 15 associates checking people out. The process took about half an hour per customer, so I went in around 8:30. Overall, a pleasant and relatively quick experience.