Orlando, FL (Florida Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Alisstar, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

Just curious to see if anybody is going either the night of the 23rd, or early morning on the 24th to the Apple Store at the Florida Mall.

I'm considering swinging by around midnight to check out the status. But my current plans call for me to get there around 5:30 am. Anybody who wants to meet up? Let me know.

2. billjanssenjr macrumors newbie

Reservation

Im coming around 6:30...I already have a reservation...and from what i have read there will be two lines....those with reservations and those without...I will be curious just how long the lines will be....

3. Alisstar thread starter macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I also have a reservation, but I have to be at work by 10:30. My concern is that if their systems go down and slows the process down then I'd be late for work. I think I'll still swing by the night before and see if there's anybody waiting. If not, then I'll show up in the morning around 6:30 also.

4. ChrisMoschella macrumors newbie

I was told by someone who has previously worked for Apple that they will basically swipe your card and hand you your phone, keeping general transactions pretty quick. I've also heard no cash transactions to maximize speed. If this is true, even a long line shouldn't take long to get through. (For those already reserved, that is to say)

5. ChrisMoschella macrumors newbie

Wondering if anyone has been to an Apple launch at Florida Mall before? Is there an "official" entrance that you're supposed to line up at before the mall opens, or do you just go in any door and head to Apple?

6. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I got my 1st gen there on the 2nd day it was available. They would not let me into the mall until a certain time and I had to go through the entrance by the food court (not sure if it's still the same though). I also can't remember what time they finally let me in, I think it was around 6AM though.

7. ChrisMoschella macrumors newbie

Food court is kind of far-ish from Apple, isn't it? Wouldn't like, the entrance at the far end by the M&M store be closer?

8. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

It's not too bad, if you just go left a little bit then right you're there. I'm not too familiar with the layout of the mall itself, it was just the only mall that had some in stock at the time but again this was 3 years ago.

9. ChrisMoschella macrumors newbie

It's the nearest mall to me, but I'm not really a mall person so I only go if I absolutely need to buy something. I think I've only been in that apple store two or three times haha

10. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

i might have to show up around 11:30 or 12 right after launch! I have class at 9:45 in the morning and im not sure if i will be back in time! I dont know what to do!! I used to work at the Fla Mall Apple store so maybe i can get in front :)

11. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

i guess im the only one going to the Mall of Millenia

12. Alisstar thread starter macrumors 6502

Alisstar

13. himynameisaaron macrumors newbie

himynameisaaron

I was there for the 3G launch, and we lined up at the M&Ms store entrance. That being said, I wasn't there for the 3GS launch, so they might have changed it...

14. ChrisMoschella macrumors newbie

Well, if they've done different things for the past two, I guess there really is no precidence and we'll just see what happens in a few days. Either way, SO excited. :D

15. cmanspeaker macrumors newbie

I'll be heading down there around 6:30am tomorrow morning. I've got a reservation pre-order so I'm hoping it goes quick. I have no idea on which entrance but I was assuming the one near M&Ms. Or I'll just keep an eye out for the lines as I drive around. ;)

16. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I was told by an Apple store employee yesterday that security will not allow you to park in the parking lot until 5 AM.

Has this been the case for previous launch events at this store?

17. Alisstar thread starter macrumors 6502

Alisstar

If they won't let anybody park until after 5AM then I'll be there at 6AM then. Hopefully the lines are not too long. I expect a quick process of the lines tomorrow. You will easily find me, as I will have the biggest grin on my face. :D

18. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I just confirmed with security that security will chase you off property if there before the mall opens.

19. Superman Chyea macrumors newbie

i have one reserved at best buy but my apt isnt till 5 pm :(, soo im probably going to wait in line over at the FL mall's apple store or the millenia

20. Superman Chyea macrumors newbie

5 am? really? lol thats better than millenia malls security..over there you cant park until like 6 or 6:30

21. Xtaria macrumors newbie

I have been there earlier than 5 for the past 2 releases, and security was great, and never kicked us off the lot.

22. Xtaria macrumors newbie

23. wwrgsww macrumors member

Florida Mall, here is your queue line

[​IMG]

(that was taken with my iPhone 4 today... had to stop up at the apple store for something else.... Hope it goes smooth tomorrow)

24. Awaken macrumors member

Is there only one line? So people with reservations and people without all in the same line?