Carrier Orlando, FL: Which carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thelead, Aug 20, 2013.

1. thelead macrumors 6502

I'm tired of Sprint and their horrible 3G service (it's getting better but still very spotty). Which carrier should I go to? I just need to be able to make calls and be able to google something when needed. Nothing more frustrating than paying $150 a month for two phones that you can't rely on.

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

This has to be one of poorest places to ask this question. Every carrier has dead spots, in every city. Focus on where you spend the most time and ask friends/associates that also spend there.

4. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

How so? People from Orlando will see the title of the post, and if they choose, they can recommend a carrier along with the locations they frequent. Considering the number of users on this site, it's a very good place to ask this question.

5. sddabrow macrumors 6502

I too am on Sprint in the Orlando area... Lake Mary to be exact. I would recommend jumping to AT&T because I have seen a lot of spotty 3G areas on Verizon as well.

I personally end my contract with Sprint in October, but am leaning on the guys at S4GRU to advise if I should stay or go. If LTE is not up to snuff, I will be leaving, heading to AT&T and either picking up the 5S or Note 3.

Just my $0.02!

6. B's iPhone macrumors member

B's iPhone

I can't speak for Orlando itself but when I was in Leesburg I had great ATT service.

7. TheProFTW macrumors regular

I went on vacation to Orlando with AT&T back when they changed their name from Cingular.
    I had a 2g flip phone with me and always had 5 bars everywhere around Orlando.

8. pokerplayer73 macrumors 6502

pokerplayer73

At&t

I have AT&T. AT&T is excellent throughout Orlando and suburbs. Areas having good AT&T coverage that I can confirm.

MCO
    Sanford
    Lake Mary
    Longwood
    Altamonte Springs
    Orlando downtown
    Lk Buena Vista
    International Drive

Daytona Beach
    Tampa
    Jacksonville

9. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I have verizon and during my trips to Orlando I have nothing but good things to say. I'd say either AT&T or Verizon can't go wrong in the Florida area.

10. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

I live in Orlando with AT&T and there is strong LTE coverage everywhere. I travel around Orlando for work and haven't yet found any particularly poor areas. Even falling back to 3G is not bad. My work phone is with Verizon and coverage is also great, but this is a basic flip phone so I can't speak for 4G data.

11. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I live just west of Orlando and have great coverage pretty much everywhere around here with AT&T, including within the theme parks (I had 4 bars inside Space Mountain, for Pete's sake). I'm sure there are some outlying areas where it might not be as strong as in others, but everywhere in the metro area has been fine for me.

12. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

AT&T is the official wireless provider of Disney World.

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Stick to AT&T in Florida.

14. Nathan21585 macrumors member

I have AT&T in the Lake Mary area too and can't say a negative thing about the service. The only time I ever have had limited service is in the parks if its. Particularly crowded or at a NASCAR race.