ORLANDO LTE Speed Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FlashFlux, Sep 22, 2012.

1. FlashFlux macrumors newbie

I was super excited with what I was seeing with LTE results in different areas and mainly loved how fast the upload speeds could be.

I even checked out this site which has Orlando LTE results from Verizon/At&t showing that my speeds should be about 10+mb DL/ 5+mb Upload.

I've been doing speed tests for 2 days now and I can't get over 1MB Upload (the download is fine at about 20mb).

I read some other posts of people in Orlando having the same problem.. is this something that should be fixed soon or is there anything I can do to fix/tweak this?

Anyone else in this area run a Speed Test (app) and have similar results? If different - what are they?

Thanks!

2. FlashFlux thread starter macrumors newbie

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Orlando has always been terrible for reception. I goto Disney every year and neither AT&T or Verizon get good service. I couldn't imagine dealing with they year round

4. Leemz21 macrumors newbie

I have also noticed this with verizon. I rarely (if at all) hit over 1 Mbps up only on my iPhone 5. My Verizon iPad has no issues

5. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I'll let you know tomorrow when I go to work. I work around downtown and ill do a couple checks and see. Are you using speed test app? Also, I'm on AT&T. What network you on

6. imazu macrumors regular

i am located south from orlando.. when i am in my town which is less than a mile it's blanket with LTE when outside a building. When I'm at home I still get LTE on my ipad but on my iphone it goes LTE to 3g or vice versa. the speed test I get when outside is good with LTE but when I get inside the house still good but drastic change from LTE when I am out. I have wifi at home that's why it's not big issue, it's more of when I am out.

7. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

Flash I live by hunters creek one of the biggest reasons I upgraded was for LTE. It is like 15mb down 5 up by my house this morning I went to the airport n damn it was like 51 down 22 up that is AMAZING i think just like cell service it depends on the area... I wish it was stable too and wish it didnt kick to 4g when you get on the phone.. plus did you notice once you are done with a call it stays on 4g? or is that just me

8. powrman811 macrumors member

I've been getting blazing fast LTE speeds all over Orlando. Always over 30mbps. Usually hovers are 50. I spend most of my time near UCF and love ATT here.

9. nandopr macrumors regular

nandopr

I am close to South Orlando. (Meadow Woods) Maybe is related to the cell tower you are connected to.

Attached Files:

10. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

did you go to the creek?

11. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

Here's what I was getting this morning around downtown area. :cool:

I can live with that!

Attached Files:

12. raremage macrumors 6502a

Interestingly enough, this is (or was) by design for many years. It isn't Orlando that has poor coverage, but Disney property itself, because Disney wouldn't permit any carriers to erect towers on property.

This changed in recent years; I suspect you'll see better coverage the next time you are down, depending on your carrier (T-Mo, for example, still sucks).

To the original question: I was seeing the same thing until this afternoon; suddenly I'm getting around 20 down / 4 up. Seems to have coincided with the fix to the LTE lag that was discussed on another thread.

13. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I was there in March with a verizon LTE ipad 3 and ATT 4S. both horrible service. even their wifi that they just started offering is terrible.

14. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

On a busy day at Universal (which is the worst), or Disney, it's hard to even make a phone call. Last year at HHN I couldn't even send a text through AT&T. It's very aggravating, but what can you do? This year, Disney, has at least installed WiFi in all the parks (still in the process, I believe). Don't know if this is the same for Verizon or Sprint customers, because I always see people talking on their phones, when I can't even get a signal. Going to Halloween Horror Nights on Friday, so I'll give an update. :)