[Orly Taitz] What Will Happen If Marijuana Is Legalized

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bobber205, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

This will happen.

Seriously. I can't think of any other reason other than she's a racist, an Aryan supremacist or mentally impaired.

This woman drives me up a wall...
    And she's a doctor no less. :confused:

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Why is so much media attention being paid to this? I think its an attempt at a nice broad brush approach, if one group is a wacko, they must all be.

3. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

That woman is a whacko.
    Her group is as well.

Their goal is to make the President step down from office. That's pretty radical if you ask me, especially when he hasn't committed a impeachable offense.'

They're about as extreme as you can possibly exist, outside of committing acts of violence for their cause, in which case most of the world would label them terrorists.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

What does this idiot have to do with legalizing pot? :confused:

5. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

And if I committed murder I'd be a murderer. But I haven't done so. I don't even know what this sentence is supposed to mean.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Tax money will be collected to assist in paying for the effects it has on a smoker's health, rather than our current scenario of nothing being collected. Otherwise, not much. Smokers will smoke. Non-smokers will still think it leads to poor health and do not think it's good.

The bitch is a wacko. I don't see what the title of the thread has to do with the article, but whatev.

Maybe the OP was trying to say that if marijuana was legalised, people would start threads with titles that did not correspond to the article posted. :confused: If that's the case, then no thanks. Ban it forever.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

The perfect post. Well done.

8. Shivetya macrumors 65816

What does this video have to do with the subject?

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'm wondering the same...

10. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

OMG I need cable.

@OP: you sir, have obviously never smoked pot because true potheads don't make big deals about ANYTHING let alone something that has flogged to death. You're from Oregon anyway, what could you possibly not know about pot?:rolleyes:

11. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Honestly,

I've NEVER smoked pot, but I fully believe that legalizing it would resolve a lot of problems when it comes to drugs in the US. I completely appreciate converse opinions, but look at Amsterdam ... It's obvious.

Apart from that, I've been in the medical profession for over 16 years, and you wouldn't believe the involvement the US Government has had in not only introducing drugs into the US, but using profits to make progress in OTHER COUNTRIES! PM me, I would love to talk about this.

12. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Where do you get she's an Aryan supremacist or racist?

Seriously, I don't agree with her views. I think all of this is somehow connected to high powered lobbyists and money moguls all across the US.

But MSNBC has behaved like Fox News ever since President Obama took office.

One thing that sort of amuse me, is that she's interview from Tel Aviv. After Obama's stance with Israel, couldn't this be all related in some shape or form?

She decided to talk, and well she clearly shouldn't have spoken, but this is freedom of speech...

To get back on the topic, I wouldn't mind legalizing. I don't smoke or anything, but I'm pretty sure that if it were to be legalized a lot of people would drop it because of the "outlaw" coolness that would then gone...

13. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Watch the recent episode of the Stephen Colbert Report.

She's interviewed by Stephen Colbert, and he just makes her look plain retarded in front of the entire audience. +1 to Colbert.

"First of all, I don't like the term Birthers. It implies...that Obama was birthed. How do I know Obama was birthed!? I WANT TO BE ABLE TO STICK MY FINGER INTO HIS BELLY BUTTON AND PULL OUT LINT, THEN I'LL KNOW HE'S BEEN BIRTHED."

"So you're saying he doesn't have a legal birth certificate. Well, he does have a certificate of legal birth. And in the State of Hawaii, a certificate of legal birth is stated as....a certificate of legal birth in the US. But it's not a birth certificate. Cause it didn't say the words 'birth' and 'certificate' in that order."

I love Colbert.

14. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I'm not a doctor, and I didn't spend last night in a Holiday Inn Express, but I think it's more likely that this idiotic twit's been doing more speed than grass. I've never seen grass make somebody paranoid and hyper. Stay with the meth and you'll have a head problem...

15. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Orly Taitz is a dentist, not a doctor.

Don't know why this matters, because some of the dumbest people I know are doctors.

16. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

This person gets my thread title. :)
    I guess I'm really bad coming up with titles. :D

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Oh, I got it too. It was just very misleading and had nothing to do with your OP.

And yes, based on this thread, you are quite bad at it.

:D

18. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

this topic has absolutely nothing to do with weed. and i really hope you're not trying to suggest that weed could make someone crazy like that, because if you are you're seriously misinformed.

on topic: that lady is a stupid ****

19. MTI macrumors 65816

We don't seem to be able to check crime, so why not legalize it and then tax it out of business?

Will Rogers

20. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

It was a joke. I fully support the legalization of wacky weed. If we let people smoke and drink then they should be able to smoke weed. It's like someone having a license to drive a semi but not a semi without a trailer.

21. lamadude macrumors 6502

this thread reminded me about this video. (Fox news about amsterdam)

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yeah I've been to Amsterdam twice and IMO its one of the nicest cities in Europe I've ever been to. However in a certain part of town at a certain time I was offered coke, heroin, and meth within a 10 minute period. Of course that doesn't mean the entire country is a "cesspool of crime" like that report said. The FNC report could very well have been about New York Times Square circa 1982.

23. lamadude macrumors 6502

I must admit, last time I was in Amsterdam I was offered cocaine as well, just walking through the street. :) But on the plus side the dealer was very friendly, en when I said no he wished me a nice evening anyway :) And this was in the middle of the street where most of the coffeeshops are.

24. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

In fact according to the Rough Guide crime in the Netherlands is generally very low.