Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Beware: the new firmware update released today will update your baseband and make your phone once again not unlockable. If you rely on blacksn0w (or ultrasn0w) for an unlock on your 3G/3GS, do not upgrade your phone to 3.1.3 official. Wait for a new version of PwnageTool to be released.

Please note: if you have already updated your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS to version 3.1.3, there is nothing that can currently be done to jailbreak or unlock your iPhone, so please do not ask. It may be weeks or months before your iPhone can be unlocked again. And, yes, it may never be unlockable again. Sorry!

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
is there a Blackra1n for 3.1.3. already, is the old one compatible?
3.1.3 is not compelling enough for now, we'll see with 3.2, but I doubt that

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Also on the serious side, it looks like Apple may have quit signing firmware 3.1 and 3.1.2 as MuscleNerd just tweeted the only way to install 3.1.2 now is via Saurik's SHSH files :rolleyes:

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
OT, but can you elaborate on what that means?

It means that only people with their ECID SHSH on file through Cydia can restore to the 3.1.2 version of the firmware. All others, should they require a restore, will have to restore to the 3.1.3 firmware and lose the ability to jailbreak (for now) and unlock (perhaps forever).

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
It means that only people with their ECID SHSH on file through Cydia can restore to the 3.1.2 version of the firmware. All others, should they require a restore, will have to restore to the 3.1.3 firmware and lose the ability to jailbreak (for now) and unlock (perhaps forever).

This is what it means !

Attachments

• consumer.jpg
    consumer.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4,424

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009

So should everyone download your talking about.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Just posted on DevTeam Blog

Note: This works only for 2G phones ! Not 3G or 3GS

Update 1: Thanks to daring experimenters in the comments, we can confirm that yesterday’s redsn0w works for today’s 3.1.3 update for iPhone 2G. Just point it at the 3.1.2 iPhone 2G IPSW after doing update or restore to 3.1.3. So far we’ve only confirmed this for iPhone 2G. (Note that if this does work for 3G/3GS too, you can *only* use it if you don’t care about the unlock.)

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Just posted on DevTeam Blog

Note: This works only for 2G phones ! Not 3G or 3GS

Update 1: Thanks to daring experimenters in the comments, we can confirm that yesterday’s redsn0w works for today’s 3.1.3 update for iPhone 2G. Just point it at the 3.1.2 iPhone 2G IPSW after doing update or restore to 3.1.3. So far we’ve only confirmed this for iPhone 2G. (Note that if this does work for 3G/3GS too, you can *only* use it if you don’t care about the unlock.)

I would not be surprised if it works for the 3G with the old bootrom, since I believe redsn0w only uses the USB hack for new 3Gs and the 3GS. I'm not going to try it on my 3GS, though, that's for sure.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I would not be surprised if it works for the 3G with the old bootrom, since I believe redsn0w only uses the USB hack for new 3Gs and the 3GS. I'm not going to try it on my 3GS, though, that's for sure.

Yea, I will wait until the tools are well tested.

There are already "posters" (boy did I wanna type another word) on DevTeam Blog crying for help and trying to downgrade without having SHSH files stored.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
There are already "posters" (boy did I wanna type another word) on DevTeam Blog crying for help and trying to downgrade without having SHSH files stored.

This is why I no longer frequent the comments of iphone-dev.org. I couldn't stand all of the whining and entitlement.

bender o

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2009
I'm not updating even if it becomes jb/unlockable just doesn't seem worth all the trouble, even if I ever have to restore again I think I'll be going back to 3.0 lol.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Good job for posting this thelatinist because I know there are people that know their devices are jailbroken and yet update as soon as it's out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.