Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
Due to it's stellar performance I am still on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6, so, should I pull the trigger on MAC OS High Sierra 11 and load it on my Refurbished MM(Late 2014), 8GB Ram, 256SSD?

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
I suppose you could always do a Time Machine backup and then upgrade. If you have issues, you can just go back to Sierra. Personally, I've not had any trouble with HS, but your results may vary depending on your other software. There's nothing about your system configuration that would suggest it couldn't handle the update.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
From what I can tell HS works fine for the vast majority of users. If you avoid an update because of the whines on MR, you'll never upgrade. The complains on forums like this do not represent real world use.

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
From what I can tell HS works fine for the vast majority of users. If you avoid an update because of the whines on MR, you'll never upgrade. The complains on forums like this do not represent real world use.

I will agree with this. For real world use HS isn't that bad; my only issues are that it is slower to boot, it beachballs constantly, and, most annoyingly, doesn't recognise my external drives so I have essentially lost all my backups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.